News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 429     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Yeah, it can be FOIed.

Do we as UrbanToronto-ites want to get them FOI'd? This is something that is not outside the realm of possibility to do.

As I recall, it doesn't require an FOI. The last set of stats a year or so ago were released to whomever asked for them by email.

But no, they certainly don't make it as easy as the TTC does.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

ST.png

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but if anyone is on the way, can they take a few videos of Highway 407 Station in the coming weeks to give us an idea on how much the bus terminal is used and how many people transfer to the subway and how many are transferring between buses since all GO bus routes on Highway 407 now stop or terminate there?

^ Another way to look at it is looking at the cost of a three-stop Scarborough Subway Extension versus the cost of the Bowmanville Extension ($550 million according to the December Capital Projects Quarterly Report).

Even thought the Liberals talked about creating transit nodes with dense walk-able communities where surface parking lots were (parking goes underneath the new urban community) it was all talk. And now the PC's are looking at it too. I hope that they follow through (and not shelve the idea like the Liberals did for about 10 years with specifically Oakville GO). If so I assume a part of the delay for all GO expansion would be to create the draft agreements so a private builder will build the station and the underground parking while the province focuses on the tracks.

The most complex part of the agreement is the condo-type arrangement in the future where you have the Province (parking & station), a REIT (retail) and individuals (residential) all sharing in the future maintenance.

I am assuming for a new station inclusive of the build and sale costs you are saving $50m+. So the business case analysis will change significantly.

Back