News   Jul 15, 2024
 102     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 354     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 536     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

I don't mind the multi-green look, I just wish they could have kept the "GO Transit Green" as one of the two shades.

agreed. I like the neon green, but don't like the brownish puke green that is on the top.

I don't mind the multi-green look, I just wish they could have kept the "GO Transit Green" as one of the two shades.

I absolutely agree. The new design is indeed modern and clean etc. The issue here is mainly the colours, which I find far inferior to the current shade.
Plus, GO just finished standardizing their signage, and if they want to change their colour, they'll have to start all over again.

I absolutely agree. The new design is indeed modern and clean etc. The issue here is mainly the colours, which I find far inferior to the current shade.
Plus, GO just finished standardizing their signage, and if they want to change their colour, they'll have to start all over again.

Are they changing the colour of the logo as well?

Come on, you can't seriously claim that if the government has been in office for a decade. If it was going to be done for political reasons it would have been done years ago.

I am curious about how they plan to make Stouffville line into a 2 track all day service (for the GO 2020 plan). I drive up and down that area, and as far as I can tell they only have room for 1 track... how will they be able to add a 2nd track without moving the homes and buildings surrounding the current track?

I am curious about how they plan to make Stouffville line into a 2 track all day service (for the GO 2020 plan). I drive up and down that area, and as far as I can tell they only have room for 1 track... how will they be able to add a 2nd track without moving the homes and buildings surrounding the current track?

The Sheppard East underpass was built to accommodate 2 tracks, but the 1 track is currently sitting in the middle. So based on that, I suppose what they'll do is widen the trackbed slightly on both sides, and then shift the existing track over while laying a new track to the other side. But that's just a guess based on what's there now.

Where are you seeing a problem? I've looked through Toronto on the city mapview, and there looks to be about a 60-foot ROW everywhere.

Where are you seeing a problem? I've looked through Toronto on the city mapview, and there looks to be about a 60-foot ROW everywhere.
They should have done that years ago. They own the track too.

At least, if not wider in places.

Remember folks, the ROW extends further (in some cases, much further) than where the tracks lie.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Back