News   Jul 15, 2024
 397     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 527     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 2K     1 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Oh, I thought GO could no longer buy double deckers, because of the province's dumb 20% Ontario rule.

It would be dumb if Canada / Ontario was the only jurisdiction doing it. However that is not the case and we can be sure all transit equipment would be purchased from Plattsburgh, Rochelle, St.Cloud, and Asia without the dumb rule.

Reading the comments on that article just remind how bloody stupid some people are.

Clarkson GO Station now has Free Wi-FI on a test base. Big Signs telling riders how to log on.

Rode the inaugural run of the new 9:20 Richmond Hill train yesterday. As I expected, there were approximately 100 passengers, or 2 bus loads.
At RH station, most cars got only 1 or 2 passengers, a couple had up to 10. I believe there was a total of about 50. 35 more boarded at Langstaff. Old Cummer and Oriole saw boardings of 3-5 people each.
This is a far cry from 6 the buses (usually full) they cancelled. Good job increasing the Don Valley congestion.

Rode the inaugural run of the new 9:20 Richmond Hill train yesterday. As I expected, there were approximately 100 passengers, or 2 bus loads.
At RH station, most cars got only 1 or 2 passengers, a couple had up to 10. I believe there was a total of about 50. 35 more boarded at Langstaff. Old Cummer and Oriole saw boardings of 3-5 people each.
This is a far cry from 6 the buses (usually full) they cancelled.

You can't win with you people can you.
People want more trains so you give them trains. But now they want more buses instead, make up your mind please.

Good job increasing the Don Valley congestion.

lol, you'll get no sympathy from me. The option is there for people to use a road alternative, whether they take it or not is their choice. In reality, those people who decided to drive instead of taking the train should thank themselves for increasing the Don Valley congestion.

People want more trains so you give them trains. But now they want more buses instead, make up your mind please.

I was thinking the same thing! You have people in Brampton screaming for more GO trains, meanwhile in Richmond Hill they actually get more trains, and they're lamenting the loss of the buses.

I was thinking the same thing! You have people in Brampton screaming for more GO trains, meanwhile in Richmond Hill they actually get more trains, and they're lamenting the loss of the buses.

Since I am one of those....I will tell you that I assume that if Brampton ever gets its full service it will result in the loss of the 'bus trains" to/from Union....and, yes, the trains will run less frequently than the buses. I am fine with that. In fact, in my "perfect" GO world, they would stop running buses at all into downtown......there would be full service on all the GO lines and the smaller, more outlying communities, would be served by GO buses that radiate out from the nearest GO train station.

Silly rabbit!
As mentioned earlier and to which I concurred, the new inbound train's schedule is pretty lousy, with a long gap in the schedule. If the train was a proper 60 minutes after the last, or arriving before 10, there'd be no reason to complain.

Back