News   Oct 16, 2024
 97     0 
News   Oct 16, 2024
 1.3K     6 
News   Oct 16, 2024
 499     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Not to mention poorer doors that don't need to open/shut as frequently, they whistle like crazy on the highway. Guelph Transit runs a route using NOVA LFS briefly on Highway 6, it would not be good doing that on a longer run.

If baggage is the main issue, I would question how often they carry passengers needing it. Maybe during weekends before/after holidays when university students go home, but otherwise, it seems rarer these days beyond a backpack.
Can you not get plug style door's?

Better seats would help. But low floor buses in general have a hard ride. The other issue is maintaining highway speed. They would need tweak the gearing.
If the low floor is a factor, I don't think it's a significant one. Not all LF buses are created equal, with the exception of a few basket cases the Orion VIIs provide a very good ride despite their advanced age, much more so than the far younger Novas. So do York Region's Van Hools. And for a more exotic example, I have had the pleasure of riding 14 year old Mercedes-Benz CapaCity artics in Bratislava which despite their age also ride very smoothly.

IMG_5032.JPG

The LFS just has a very poor suspension. They are not the only ones, the GO double deckers are no better. The low floor section, between its ride quality and lack of sound insulation, is horrendous. So to that end, you would need far better seats than the current commuter seats on GO buses if you wanted a suburban LFS to provide anything faintly resembling a comfortable ride.

Last edited:

Back