News   Aug 20, 2024
 252     0 
News   Aug 20, 2024
 390     0 
News   Aug 20, 2024
 318     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Considering measuring the air quality on the GO and TTC trains as well as busses. Wondering if anyone would be interested in this info! I'm also looking for advice on any places to try or other tips!
Something like that would have to be contracted out by either Go or the TTC or professionally setup by an outside organization with their permission..

Something like that would have to be contracted out by either Go or the TTC or professionally setup by an outside organization with their permission..
I'd just bring a portable (handheld) air quality meter on a few of the vehicles while riding. It's by no means definitive but I feel like it would be interesting to get an idea

I'd just bring a portable (handheld) air quality meter on a few of the vehicles while riding. It's by no means definitive but I feel like it would be interesting to get an idea
I don't really understand why you want to do that? Most likely you would probably be questioned by employees and other passengers. Employees would probably be more problematic to deal with then other passengers as they may take issue with you doing something like that without permission from either organization.

I don't really understand why you want to do that? Most likely you would probably be questioned by employees and other passengers. Employees would probably be more problematic to deal with then other passengers as they may take issue with you doing something like that without permission from either organization.
I had no issues filming so doubt pulling out something that looks like a microphone will cause issues

I really can't see either employees or passengers questioning anyone about a small portable air quality monitor.

These devices are small and cheap.

Trust me, employees do not care unless you’re doing something that’s disrupting them or disrupting passengers enough that they report it to the employee onboard. A handheld air quality monitor would not be a problem to anyone, and I highly doubt there’s even a rule about using something like that onboard the trains in the first place.

So new routes are being added?

1724162173952.png

So new routes are being added?

View attachment 589556
This was covered in a previous post:
Service changes begin August 31st. It is mostly changes to the bus almost none for trains, post secondary service is back on the routes that need it most and that’s the only significant thing.

I messaged GO about the incorrect labelling of the 96, yet to be fixed (it should be Oshawa/Finch).
Screenshot_20240820_100535.jpg

Has this become the Hallmark/Christmas movie thread? I get tangents...........but this one has little connection to the thread's core subject matter. Perhaps we could get back on the proverbial track here?
It’s slightly less depressing than all the “here are all the reasons we can’t have anything nice in transit” tho

^ Why wouldn't the Richmond Hill Line and the LSW all the way to Niagara also be mentioned? cc @smallspy
The scope of who is striking is different for CNR and CPR. CNR RTCs stay on the job.

VIA is looking at a constraint on White River, plus possibly one at Smiths Falls - they say they are trying to work something out there. I think this is because it actually runs on CP for a short time in SF as opposed to merely a diamond at De Beaujeu.

Back