News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 390     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

No but there were 5 un touched coaches on top of the one cab car I mentioned and the repainted one in the picture, I didn’t get them but were definitely the first generation bilevel design
I see.

I still wonder whether those cab cars that were sent up there would have their cab controls reinstalled with the refurbishment.

On the converter cab cars there is still a "closet" on the right side. I wonder what's left in that area
Not much is left in those closets, it’s mostly empty. Not sure what was previously in those or how filled up they were, but you can now fit one or two people in them.

Oh I was talking about the ones converted to coaches, the closets in those still exist but probably have had stuff taken out of them.
Unless the the cab cars been used as coaches since the 300's replaced then have refurbished as coaches, they still have their equipment in place to be use as a cab car again

I don’t know. While I’m not a huge fan of the ML Two Tone scheme, I have to say GO Trains in any colour other than a shade of green feels more odd.
Because that what you seen most of your life

I seen the Bi-levels in different colours first hand and they look better than the green, especially the new ones.

One thing I like about the new two tone livery is that it retains the design of the middle white stripe along green that the old highway green livery had, it allows the two schemes to mesh well.

This is not like Metrolink in LA, who's old and new schemes do not incorporate a design that meshes well with each other
talgo_metrolink_lassen.jpg

It's approaching a year since the tender for GO to acquire 13 diesel locomotives closed and yet there hasn't seemed to be any news regarding them. Considering GO is looking to have 8 of these locomotives delivered by 2024, I am kind of surprised there hasn't been much said about them since the tender closed.

https://www.metrolinx.merx.com/public/solicitations/2186649847/abstract for reference

Way better colours than what ML is giving us

I think you could incorporate at least some colours based on the line the train operates on. That red looks great, but I wouldn’t want to use it exclusively over green. Keeping green on all trains and then a certain part/stripe that becomes the colour of the line would be fairly visually interesting. Not sure if it’d be too cluttered though.

I think you could incorporate at least some colours based on the line the train operates on. That red looks great, but I wouldn’t want to use it exclusively over green. Keeping green on all trains and then a certain part/stripe that becomes the colour of the line would be fairly visually interesting. Not sure if it’d be too cluttered though.

That would really constrain the service, because locomotives and rolling stock couldn't be redeployed between lines as breakdowns and maintenance required. Maybe just a coloured placard on each coach that's easily changed? Still, what does that cost to implement versus the value it adds? Probably not the best use of funds...

That would really constrain the service, because locomotives and rolling stock couldn't be redeployed between lines as breakdowns and maintenance required. Maybe just a coloured placard on each coach that's easily changed? Still, what does that cost to implement versus the value it adds? Probably not the best use of funds...
For sure. My assumption here is based on what drum was saying/showing, ie that we’d be better going with fully unique colours for trainsets. Practically speaking this would be useless; maybe just a distinction between electric (golden-yellow stripe) and diesel services would do.

Back