News   Apr 24, 2024
 141     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 467     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 2.9K     7 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

So this GO bus strike seems like it could have been easily avoided and resolved (according to the Union).
I have to give them credit for the fact that this is the first GO strike ever in the history of GO transit. Going into day 3 we still have not make any progress.

Is Metrolinx asleep at the wheel here? Someone should definitely be loosing their job.

So this GO bus strike seems like it could have been easily avoided and resolved (according to the Union).
I have to give them credit for the fact that this is the first GO strike ever in the history of GO transit. Going into day 3 we still have not make any progress.

Is Metrolinx asleep at the wheel here? Someone should definitely be loosing their job.
Apparently the next meeting between the two parties isn’t until Friday.

Apparently the next meeting between the two parties isn’t until Friday.
Yup. Consecutive days at the table usually brings no resolutions. Better off sitting on it for a few days to reconsider than to have a false sense of optimism every morning

That would be Doug Ford since he is calling the shots in the first place

That's true but whoever is in charge of negotiating at Metronlinx doesn't have a clue what they are doing.
The person who doing the negotiating for ML knows what they are doing as they have a list things with $$ beside them what will be accepted or turn down given to them by Ford. The person is only following instruction given to them by Ford regardless if they are right or wrong. They have some leave way to make a deal/change if the opening shows up that is in the best interest of ML.

The person who doing the negotiating for ML knows what they are doing as they have a list things with $$ beside them what will be accepted or turn down given to them by Ford. The person is only following instruction given to them by Ford regardless if they are right or wrong. They have some leave way to make a deal/change if the opening shows up that is in the best interest of ML.
I'm taking about the way that they negotiated. Like the YRT strike the free service probably cost more than the pay increase that they were asking for in the first place.

Just rememeber that Metrolinx is about as "arms length" a government agency as your arms are to your legs. Simply put, Metrolinx is a pawn of the the Provincial Government plain and simple. What they do is directed by the province.

Just rememeber that Metrolinx is about as "arms length" a government agency as your arms are to your legs. Simply put, Metrolinx is a pawn of the the Provincial Government plain and simple. What they do is directed by the province.
That was my fear when the Bill was created to form ML back in 2006 and stated so to the panel at the hearing for the bill as well since then.

If ML was created like it should had been in the first place, it would had been a true hand off by the province and local government that a true network backbone was built to meet all needs, not the needs of a few.

So apparently no more 6 car consists are being used?

Wasn't MX goal with GO from now on to run shorter trains that are more frequent?

So apparently no more 6 car consists are being used?

Wasn't MX goal with GO from now on to run shorter trains that are more frequent?
If you got the manpower to do it which has been a major problem for years.

The way engineer are qualify, it takes 2 years if they can qualify in the first place. Unless you can get train engineers from other railways, long process to get new ones. You need 3 crews per train to run 5-7 days service all day.

Other than NA, you can be train as an engineer in 9-12 months for most lines and up to 2 years for high speed lines.

So how many trains are needed for X line with Y service will give you an idea how many crews are needed for one line? Now, how crews are needed for all the lines with the same quality of service??

When a engineer hits someone, they can be off up to a year to never get back in a cab again. Some only last a short time after returning to service. Know a few that has happen this way.

I really hope that go transit trains stay longer in length than be short.
I hate to see Canada turn European if go transit buys these ugly trains that have stupid high pitch trumpet horns.
As interesting as 12 car trains look, they are extremely inefficient for pretty much everyone, it's harder for crews, new stations are more expensive due to needing a longer platform, it slows down the train and makes the trip longer and slower. They just aren't viable for frequent service, and I think everyone would rather have more frequent service instead of longer trains.
Who cares about what the horns sound like, GO barely uses the horns and the sound does not matter to anyone except foamers.

I hate to see Canada turn European if go transit buys these ugly trains that have stupid high pitch trumpet horns.
You know for someone who supposedly "works for GO", this sounds more like some 10 year old foamer who thinks that GO only serves to entertain railfans and is not an actual public service.

Back