954     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.5K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 620     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

If 242-250 were to be reactivated

Them + the Series II cabs would equal to 24 added cab cars

That could lead to GO maybe ordering more than 13 locos (perhaps the 33 if 20 more are added to the order)

If 242-250 were to be reactivated

Them + the Series II cabs would equal to 24 added cab cars

That could lead to GO maybe ordering more than 13 locos (perhaps the 33 if 20 more are added to the order)
And since MPI is no longer around, and EMD's passenger locomotive was a failure that leaves us with the Siemens charger? Which has a year backlog at least. So what does that leave us with? Something we haven't seen yet?

And since MPI is no longer around, and EMD's passenger locomotive was a failure that leaves us with the Siemens charger? Which has a year backlog at least. So what does that leave us with? Something we haven't seen yet?
The F125 is still available for sale so I would not count it out just yet.

The F125 is still available for sale so I would not count it out just yet.
It's a totally different platform vs what they have today. Plus it's not even Cummins powered.

I only see two potential contenders. Unless MPI is going to ramp up production again. Are there any other agencies looking for new passenger motive power, with a winning tender other than Siemens?

Are there any other agencies looking for new passenger motive power, with a winning tender other than Siemens?
Not really, the only other thing I can think of are the agencies that receive non newly built locomotives (ie. Trinity Railway Express receiving rebuilt F40PHs or West Coast Express receiving a rebuilt F59PH)

Apparently there is a refurbished cab car on 623's consist right now

EDIT: Confirmed to be cab car 206, last car in the consist right behind the engine facing east

Last edited:
Not sure if the 2606 coach sitting at the north end of Obeco siding is the same one last reported or another that I saw on Sunday waiting to be pickup

219 was a coach on an eastbound Lakeshore train on Sunday

Did see another of the old cabs on the rear of an eastbound train at Simcoe, but too far away to see the number

Whoa, I completely missed this. But with electrification on the horizon, will GO need new diesel locos? Can they rebuild the existing stock as needed?

Not sure if the 2606 coach sitting at the north end of Obeco siding is the same one last reported or another that I saw on Sunday waiting to be pickup
I believe it is the same one, kinda odd it hasn't been picked up yet
219 was a coach on an eastbound Lakeshore train on Sunday
Guessing once it will be refurbished it will regain it's cab controls

And here it is! (Image not mine)
A32CCDD3-6151-4045-AE86-EBD6497FC2C8.jpeg
DF3A85CB-74CE-474C-B658-F044AA0DAA6E.jpeg

Back