Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Meanwhile, work continues on the Bloor Street bridge. They’ve dug out a fair portion of the abutment on the south side, as well as a surprising amount of the road.

4E3A7893-8FDF-4EBC-8867-72D7B3474710.jpeg
23859AC7-E7CA-4AB7-8F8A-5DC26F31BD85.jpeg

It irks me to no end that the concrete of that new abutment has likely not even cured yet, and there is already graffiti tags on it. :mad:

Yep, but given the corridor, it shouldn't have been a surprise. On another note - the cast concrete of the flared columns looks a little rough - a minor aesthetic issue (that the inevitable graffiti will solve?)

AoD

Yep, but given the corridor, it shouldn't have been a surprise. On another note - the cast concrete of the flared columns looks a little rough - a minor aesthetic issue (that the inevitable graffiti will solve?)

AoD
Maybe they should have left the concrete forms up until they know it has properly cured, ten years from now. 😄 o_O

^I’m sure the local residents would not describe this project as a cakewalk…. but when one compares the progress here to what has gone on along Eglinton Avenue, I have to say I’m impressed with how easy it is to construct an elevated guideway. Basically the hard part is over once those collumns are poured. Doesn’t take that long to put the bridge girders in place, and the ground level rehabilitation remaining is pretty simple.

- Paul

Back