Toronto GO Transit: Davenport Diamond Grade Separation | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

^I’m sure the local residents would not describe this project as a cakewalk…. but when one compares the progress here to what has gone on along Eglinton Avenue, I have to say I’m impressed with how easy it is to construct an elevated guideway. Basically the hard part is over once those collumns are poured. Doesn’t take that long to put the bridge girders in place, and the ground level rehabilitation remaining is pretty simple.

- Paul
If you really wanted to see elevated rails built, you should have gone to Montreal when they were building the REM, it's very fast.

73B36B8A-5FA7-4E62-8C9B-8FB09F082758.jpeg
6616B199-718B-467D-83EF-A00D88D23447.jpeg

If you really wanted to see elevated rails built, you should have gone to Montreal when they were building the REM, it's very fast.

Building elevations for light rail vs mainline heavy rail is quite different.

Remember that this structure has to be able to support freight rail, even if freight never uses it. If its connected to a line that freight does run on, it has to be built to those standards.

Same goes for the UPX spur.

Remember that this structure has to be able to support freight rail, even if freight never uses it. If its connected to a line that freight does run on, it has to be built to those standards.

Nothing new about railway viaducts. Just a new location.
bbae10fcf16ea5f2adc84bbb20351dcd.jpg
From link.

Realistically, could we see trains running on this elevated section this year or are we looking at spring/early summer next year before it is in use? Its nice to see the project moving along well so far.

According to the timeline given in the community meetings, the west track will be fully constructed by mid-2022, and the east track would be complete by early 2023. I'm not sure when they expect to move the trains onto these tracks from the current temporary track though.

Which has already has already proven itself worthwhile. Long, long ago just before the pandemic during the Wet'suwet'en protests in February 2020 CN & CP Rail used the Georgetown sub as seen here on the tunnel by Weston Station
Stephen Host - Railpictures.ca
RPCA_350_STRSCH_2661-c.jpg

Back