News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 502     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

https://www.metrolinx.com/en/projec...studies/scarborough-junction-grade-separation isnt this the project page ? And its entirely possible the grade seperation with danforth @ midland could still happen, as one of the tracks was still connecting to lakeshore at lakeshore's current level.

I don't doubt it will happen at some point, maybe sooner than later.

I was merely noting that it had been bundled as a combined project; and Mx chose to defer that project pending ONCorr.

ONCorr may see fit to proceed with it as it was; or re-work it or pursue it later....

Its merely that it is not currently an active project.

I think the answer will partly depend on whether the west end of that second track is tied in?

I just hope they finally open the stairs on the west side of Wyndham back up. They've been closed (even for platform one) for so long now, with no obvious reason presenting itself.
View attachment 517794
Where those stairs ever official open?

I’m glad with the platform shift that these stairs will be a little more relevant

Did you click on the link I provided and read it? Just asking.
yea lol. you think I wouldnt?
reason i said that is that just because they nixed the flyunder doesnt mean they removed the midland layover, nor would they guarantee they remove the multi-use trail crossing as part of the tpap

I don't doubt it will happen at some point, maybe sooner than later.

I was merely noting that it had been bundled as a combined project; and Mx chose to defer that project pending ONCorr.

ONCorr may see fit to proceed with it as it was; or re-work it or pursue it later....

Its merely that it is not currently an active project.
IIRC OnCorr is planning like 3-5 minute frequencies on Stouffville in peak - level crossings will basically be impossible at those kinds of frequencies. They may have to build the thing for that reason alone.

IIRC OnCorr is planning like 3-5 minute frequencies on Stouffville in peak - level crossings will basically be impossible at those kinds of frequencies. They may have to build the thing for that reason alone.

I tend to concur; though we don't yet know the rollout of proposed service increases and when various bits of incremental infrastructure will be in place to facilitate that.

So far I'm aware, grade separations at Progress, Passmore and McNicoll have not begun either. Past reports also indicate these will not be done simultaneously, but consecutively. That suggests a minimum rollout time of six years and potentially a lot longer.

Which is to say, we'll get there.........just not all that soon.

Not sure what to make of this but noticed one drilling rig operating on the north side of the proposed Kerr St underpass that was put on hold (?) by ML.They we’re hard at work drilling boreholes. Where there is smoke, there may be fire, or in this case, boring for samples might lead to boring for structure. Not sure there has been any public information or political comment on this recently so…..?

Not sure what to make of this but noticed one drilling rig operating on the north side of the proposed Kerr St underpass that was put on hold (?) by ML.They we’re hard at work drilling boreholes. Where there is smoke, there may be fire, or in this case, boring for samples might lead to boring for structure. Not sure there has been any public information or political comment on this recently so…..?
was that the one metrolinx axed because the grade separation cost skyrocketed to like 300 million?

Guelph Central Station is looking very close to completion.

Do we know the opening date for the 2nd platform?
View attachment 517643
View attachment 517644
Look at the Guelph Sub glowing up. Some double tracking, better stations, and improved speeds. Much better than the not so distant Genesee & Wyoming era.

My understanding is that the existing Guelph GO platform will be getting a similar treatment to the new one, but that’s a separate construction package.

I tend to concur; though we don't yet know the rollout of proposed service increases and when various bits of incremental infrastructure will be in place to facilitate that.

So far I'm aware, grade separations at Progress, Passmore and McNicoll have not begun either. Past reports also indicate these will not be done simultaneously, but consecutively. That suggests a minimum rollout time of six years and potentially a lot longer.

Which is to say, we'll get there.........just not all that soon.
I've been to all the grade crossings on the Stouffville Line south of Unionville recently and only Finch is in progress via the new station there.

There is also Havendale Rd which needs to be closed with a ped bridge/tunnel built and Kennedy Rd north of Steeles where it jogs around the tracks.

However, I'm pretty sure for the next few years the frequency bottleneck is actually the LSE Joint Corridor work which has it down to 2 tracks west of Danforth. I doubt it can handle doubling the Stouffville Line frequency from 2 TPH to 4 TPH.

Question about that corridor work west of Danforth you mentioned; what's going on there exactly? I pass it every day and I wonder, is it a GO project, an Ontario Line project or both?

Is it just me or is naming a train station for a tree kinda dumb? Shouldn’t it be named for the town it’s close to?

Not that I expect any better from Metrolinx and trying to keep to their supposed station naming schemes. See the Eglinton station on the Eglinton line. Where is it? Who knows.

Back