News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 460     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Does that last section mean that all stations are more or less ready for GO Expansion now?

No.

It means a variety of early works which set the stage for that are complete. A large variety of necessary works are not.

W highland creek on Stouffville line. The orange spool has been used with new cables buried on the far side. No bridge work as I can tell
20230624_091515.jpg

No.

The Ontario Line follows the LSW corridor into Exhibition station, it never touches the Kitchener Corridor
I don't know if this was technically feasible or not but it would have made sense to have Ontario line interchange with Kitchener and Barrie lines. That interchange station would have been more useful than King Liberty or Spadina Front stations. It would have helped disperse the commuters better in downtown and take some burden off Union.

I don't know if this was technically feasible or not but it would have made sense to have Ontario line interchange with Kitchener and Barrie lines. That interchange station would have been more useful than King Liberty or Spadina Front stations. It would have helped disperse the commuters better in downtown and take some burden off Union.

A good idea, but I suspect there was no easy way to route the line under all those tall towers.

The alignment uses the LSW railway corridor where there is much less to tunnel under.

- Paul

A little worrisome that the new Caledonia GO station is described to include only "a platform". Given the efforts to double-track the Barrie line, including at new the Davenport Diamond grade crossing south of here, shouldn't it be two platforms from the get-go? (If this has already been discussed here recently, I apologize, my memory for details isn't what it used to be.)

A little worrisome that the new Caledonia GO station is described to include only "a platform". Given the efforts to double-track the Barrie line, including at new the Davenport Diamond grade crossing south of here, shouldn't it be two platforms from the get-go? (If this has already been discussed here recently, I apologize, my memory for details isn't what it used to be.)
maybe an island platform? what is it currently and is that possible?

@crs1026 with his post on the Mx Annual Report got me reading it......

I don't know if we had noted, but three of the Smart Track Stations have gone out. (East Harbour is a separate process)

View attachment 487611
I hope the Stouffville line gets express trains before this station is in use, otherwise it'll be an even slower milk run.

I hope the Stouffville line gets express trains before this station is in use, otherwise it'll be an even slower milk run.
While I appreciate that the Stouffville line is frustratingly slow compared to other GO lines (1:11 to cover 49km!), Hasn't Metrolinx stopped the practice of Stouffville trains makig stops at Scarborough / Danforth and returned them to running express to Kennedy? That's what the schedules show at least.

Hopefully something can be done when the track expansion is done.

Id love to see this layout

(Old Elm)--(Stouffville)--(Mount Joy)--(Markham)--(Centennial)--(Unionville)--------------------------------------------------(Kennedy)-----------------------------------------------------------(Union)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------(Unionville)--(Milliken)--(Finch)--(Agincourt)--(Kennedy)--(Scarborough)--(Danforth)--(Uniliver)--(Union)

While I appreciate that the Stouffville line is frustratingly slow compared to other GO lines (1:11 to cover 49km!), Hasn't Metrolinx stopped the practice of Stouffville trains makig stops at Scarborough / Danforth and returned them to running express to Kennedy? That's what the schedules show at least.
They've stopped stopping at Scarborough/Danforth for a while now.

According to CartoMetro.com, the plan seems to be for an island platform (or at least was). I seriously doubt that they would only service one track on the line.

Back