News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 634     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Ask and you shall receive; sometimes, If I have spare time, LOL

Currently listed as 'unfunded' but penciled in for 2029-2031

View attachment 436161
Ummm...are they using the french style comma for decimals or should that read, "in $ thousands" instead? I find it hard to believe such a grade separation will cost almost $93 Billion!

Ummm...are they using the french style comma for decimals or should that read, "in $ thousands" instead? I find it hard to believe such a grade separation will cost almost $93 Billion!

I've read these for so long I'm just used to the way the City words these (or writes them numerically), LOL This is a 93M project.

The table says in $ Thousands.

The clearly incompetent person who put the table in the power-point said in $ Millions. Which would mean that the total amount of all the projects is 6.8 trillion dollars! 🤣

Always fun to see Canpa references. Some history here in case some aren't familiar.

1667319171171.png

Eglinton Crosstown LRT​

Construction Notice
5692fa05-39ce-4499-beba-e6034a51172c.png

Glazing Works at the Kennedy GO East Platform​

Tuesday, November 8, 2022​

7170bf27-af86-829f-4bf7-4ced5afae825.jpg

What Work is Taking Place?​

As early as Tuesday, November 8, 2022, crews will be performing glazing works at the Kennedy GO east platform. To facilitate this work safely, a mobile crane will be stationed in the west laneway at the Don Montgomery Community Recreation Centre. The west laneway at the Don Montgomery Community Recreation Centre will be periodically closed. Flaggers will be present at each end of the laneway to facilitate traffic. This work is expected to take place between 6:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. for approximately one (1) day. Upon completion of the work the west laneway will reopen.​

What to Expect​

Expect delays while travelling through the area. Noise from construction activities can be expected. The laneway will reopen upon completion of the work.

HOURS OF WORK​

• As early as Tuesday, November 8, 2022, for approximately one (1) day.​

• This work is expected between 6:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.​

• Work may take longer or shorter than expected.​

• Work may be rescheduled due to inclement weather and/or unforeseen circumstances.​

TRAFFIC DETAILS​

• A mobile crane will be stationed in the west laneway at the Don Montgomery Community Recreation Centre.​

• The west laneway at the Don Montgomery Community Recreation Centre will be periodically closed.​

• Flaggers will be present at each end of the laneway to facilitate traffic.​

PEDESTRIAN DETAILS​

• No changes to the current pedestrian routes as a result of this work.​

TRANSIT INFORMATION​

• All TTC stops will remain in their current locations.​

• Please visit www.ttc.ca for more information.​

Isn't it the exact same as the Metrolinx blog post but with advertisements? What was the additional information?
Did you read what I posted from ML and compare it to to the other posting?? If so, you would have seen things not shown in ML posting.

Did you read what I posted from ML and compare it to to the other posting?? If so, you would have seen things not shown in ML posting.
To be fair, the Metrolinx blog post did include a YouTube video explaining the process. This was not included in the Mass Transit post.

Back