News   Jul 12, 2024
 654     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 638     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 286     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

If ML removes the parking lot at Oriole it will be the end of free parking for the hospital.

Looking at the new off ramp last week, looks like some site work on the west side of Leslie for pier support either for Leslie or ML Line.

Doesn't make sense to remove the existing parking. Nothing can be built there anyways. Might as well keep it as overflow parking.
Even better if they can get a pedestrian bridge over Esther Shiner Blvd and connect to the new parking.

Wasn’t Oriole‘s platform south of the 401 originally? I took a trip from Don Mills-Bramalea and thought I had to do a 15-20 minute walk between Leslie and Oriole, but I just had to walk south on Old Leslie, cross the street at Esther Shiner Blvd, and then walk up the ramp to the platform, and that all took less than 5 minutes. If this is the permanent change, I am glad this did happen because this helps relief the stress between the TTC and GO connection.

Wasn’t Oriole‘s platform south of the 401 originally? I took a trip from Don Mills-Bramalea and thought I had to do a 15-20 minute walk between Leslie and Oriole, but I just had to walk south on Old Leslie, cross the street at Esther Shiner Blvd, and then walk up the ramp to the platform, and that all took less than 5 minutes. If this is the permanent change, I am glad this did happen because this helps relief the stress between the TTC and GO connection.
There was a walkway to Esther Shiner Blvd and the platform was a short section north of the 401. Bulk of the platform was under and south of the 401

April 11
The walkway I was shooting from is just north where the south end of the platform was before construction and assuming it will remain close until the new station is built when every that will be.
51126769579_e0e5ec891f_b.jpg

51126767249_2cc5f6c666_b.jpg

Just a thought on thread management here. With GO undertaking and starting lots of new projects over the next few years, would it make sense to split this thread into corridor-specific ones? Just an idea!

Just a thought on thread management here. With GO undertaking and starting lots of new projects over the next few years, would it make sense to split this thread into corridor-specific ones? Just an idea!
No, I'm actually coming to like the game of "Guess That Station" each time Drum drops a pile of unlabeled pics here. The fact that they're changing so quickly makes the game extra interesting.

The problem doing that the list of thread going to become to long to find what you want as well how little info that may gets posted in it.

The UT search engine is not great and need to use Google or use urbantoronto. + ???.

I try to post the site name, but may get lost due the limit time or part of a reply. I have 3 other GO site I have shot and don't have the time to post them at this time since I still have 700 in my back log.

I have setup albums for most projects I shoot to X City Photo as a catch all.

I try to post the site name, but may get lost due the limit time or part of a reply. I have 3 other GO site I have shot and don't have the time to post them at this time since I still have 700 in my back log.

I have setup albums for most projects I shoot to X City Photo as a catch all.
Yeah no worries, mate. We really appreciate all the updates you bring us.

Here is what I saw on April 11.
I remember the CP Station that CP use for yard crews as well the switch to the Don line
51130773285_3ff46fae04_b.jpg

51129661301_04e1e67e51_b.jpg

51129871423_75607c54f0_b.jpg
Word of warning, Drum....

In the last several months, I've seen both CP and GO police hanging out on multiple occasions around the former Leaside Station area, and across Millwood on Redway. Make sure you take a good look around before stepping out for photos around there.

Dan

Word of warning, Drum....

In the last several months, I've seen both CP and GO police hanging out on multiple occasions around the former Leaside Station area, and across Millwood on Redway. Make sure you take a good look around before stepping out for photos around there.

Dan
Thanks, but a one time thing since it only taken me 2 years to check something out near the location and no requirement to do it again. Always check the locations out for safety first before getting close to tracks as train time is any time.

Back