News   Apr 25, 2024
 361     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Expropriate.

These are freight mainlines, the backbone of our economy. People dont want pipelines, but they still want to drive their cars. Oils gotta get to them somehow!

Not only would expropriating these lines constitute a huge legal battle, but it would cripple our economy.

Does anyone know if there are plans for a grade separation at scaboro street between malton go and bramalea go it's the last at grade crossing between union and bramalea
scarbouroug street.PNG

Edit: the only at grade crossings between Mount Pleasant and Union left are,
Mill St
John St
And Scarboro street.
Between Mount Pleasant and Georgetown there is
Mississauga Road
Heritage Road
Winston Churchill Road

Most of the crossings after Georgetown to Kitchener are horn protected, except for the ones along Kent Street in Guelph. Which by the way what is the plan with raising seeds in that section. The train crawls along at walking speed at that segment.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there are plans for a grade separation at scaboro street between malton go and bramalea go it's the last at grade crossing between union and bramalea View attachment 207054

It really doesnt seem like that important of a street. Its just residences and then airport Road is right around the bend.

I'd think it wouldnt be worth the cost, just close the street to be honest.

Just close-off Scarboro with a pedestrian overpass/underpass.

That accomodates those who want to visit community facilities & suburban neighbours on foot or bike.

Those with automobiles can easily drive Airport road.

Does anyone know if there are plans for a grade separation at scaboro street between malton go and bramalea go it's the last at grade crossing between union and bramalea View attachment 207054

Edit: the only at grade crossings between Mount Pleasant and Union left are,
Mill St
John St
And Scarboro street.
Between Mount Pleasant and Georgetown there is
Mississauga Road
Heritage Road
Winston Churchill Road

Most of the crossings after Georgetown to Kitchener are horn protected, except for the ones along Kent Street in Guelph. Which by the way what is the plan with raising seeds in that section. The train crawls along at walking speed at that segment.
ML wants to close Scarboro off and do nothing else. The City wants a tunnel for pedestrians, while a lot of the area oppose the tunnel.

As for John St, a number of ideas have been proposed at great cost and ML not willing to pickup the cost. Best option close it with a tunnel for pedestrians.

Mills St will be a bitch to do and could see closing of a few streets as well how do you service a few business and residental areas. Good price tag for it.

The rest comes down to cost and time frame to do it.

Could the just do an overpass at west end from Beverly to Hull and close Scarboro? The creek doesn't allow much change in the immediate vicinity.

10mph from 49.8 (the level crossing at Alma is 49.75) to 48.8 (Wyndham St. underpass).

Dan
When I went there a few months ago I saw a guy biking on Kent street faster than the train.

Do you know if they will ever try to get the limits to 60+mph, obviously they will need to put some soundproofing and close some crossings. It also looks like it can be double tracked in that section. I think it was at one point.

Do you know if they will ever try to get the limits to 60+mph, obviously they will need to put some soundproofing and close some crossings. It also looks like it can be double tracked in that section. I think it was at one point.

Don’t hold your breath hoping for 60 Mph. Thirty is the current goal. That’s a 4-5 minute timekeeping improvement. Pushing speed further would save seconds but not minutes.

I understand that the siding will be lengthened and signalled right thru this area, so a second track will return.

- Paul

The math for example is going from 10 to 30 mph takes the theoretical travel time from 6 minutes to 2 minutes, going from 30 to 60 mph takes it from 2 minutes to 1 minute.

Back