News   May 03, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 697     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 315     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

^Or somebody got wind of the Province planning to cancel, and this is Ottawa’s way of saying “We are still in.... is Ford walking away from free money”?
- Paul
Verster's most notable quip wasn't the mantra to worship his masters at QP, it was to state: (gist) (To Trudeau) "Keep sending money".

This wasn't a 'Del Boy Duca' moment' for Trudeau. It was part of a greater PR pitch that says everything but: "Who's your Daddy?"
Del Boy - Wikipedia

The Feds are making a concerted pitch to the municipalities, and voter sentiment in general. It's a wise move tactically, one that normally wouldn't garner much loyalty, but one made very advantageous in light of the vacuum now at QP.

Last edited:
Concrete poured around the western stairs of platform 4 at Bramalea sometime today.
20190207_161513.jpg

^ Ah, good question. Wasn't close enough to tell and not sure I'd be able to spot the difference between the two types of rigs. Given it was smaller in size, I'm going to guess it was for testing? @drum118 have any pictures?

^ Ah, good question. Wasn't close enough to tell and not sure I'd be able to spot the difference between the two types of rigs. Given it was smaller in size, I'm going to guess it was for testing? @drum118 have any pictures?
Have no idea what being used, other than they are there and haven't shot the area for sometime. Have seen them driving by them on the 401. They aren't test rigs/

Construction is definitely going on. A large drill rig is on site along with at least 5 construction trailers and other equipment.

Construction is definitely going on. A large drill rig is on site along with at least 5 construction trailers and other equipment.
There has been construction trailers and lots of equipment on site since last fall, but didn't count the numbers of trailers. There is a dewater system on site since the fall as well. While try to look at the site when I get back into town next week.

GO RER still has some legs but it looks like the completion date is now 2028; the construction period has been extended.

A document titled GO Expansion Full Business Case that was approved by the Metrolinx board of directors in December put the total cost of the three phases of the RER project — the first-phase Early/Enabling Works, package 2 Off-Corridor projects and package 3 On-Corridor works (now called OnCorr) — at $16.2 billion.

The project will bring 15-minute service across the whole GO-owned network using new electrified trains. Construction of the final OnCorr phase is expected to start in 2021 with 2028 the targeted completion date.

https://canada.constructconnect.com...19/02/io-tackle-go-rer-reworked-planning-team

Also some indication that IO expects both Hamilton and Hurontario LRT to proceed. I consider that a far stronger sign than Metrolinx stating it.

Recognizing he was addressing roadbuilders, Toigo said there was a significant amount of work for ORBA contractors in various IO transit projects, with roads, bridges and other surface work required as part of such builds as the Finch, Hamilton, Hurontario and Eglinton LRT projects.

Last edited:
^That is more candor and down-to-earth talk than we've heard on RER to date. Can't say the sliding dates enthuse me, but that may be a realistic and better thought out sequencing. It's also encouraging that the words "15-minute service ... using new electrified trains" are still being used.

- Paul

Back