News   Aug 30, 2024
 2.1K     2 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 2K     0 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 575     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

I wonder why they've stated that the third track will only be added between Beechgrove Dr to Durham Junction, given it's only two tracks right now between Galloway Rd and Beechgrove. Will that be handled in a separate contract?

The part between Galloway and Morningside is where the current Guildwood interlocking sits. One theory would be that they are replacing it with something different. So yeah, a different contract for that.

Just speculating.

- Paul

Province Extending Richmond Hill GO Line to Highway 404 and Bloomington Road

C7r_uKcXgAIdGo3.jpg:large

looks great but is that SERIOUSLY required for such a relatively small line?
The terminal (do they intend for this to be a terminal) in this render looks much larger than anything equivalent out there. sort of like a mini grand central
They should be making VIA HFR stations like this not a simple commuter stop. Imo a huge white elephant coming up and a misappropriation of funds and construction priorities.

looks great but is that SERIOUSLY required for such a relatively small line?
The terminal (do they intend for this to be a terminal) in this render looks much larger than anything equivalent out there. sort of like a mini grand central
They should be making VIA HFR stations like this not a simple commuter stop. Imo a huge white elephant coming up and a misappropriation of funds and construction priorities.
I agree with this. They should make another Gormley GO but with a platform canopy. Also, probably add a canopy to Gormley also.

Do we really need a station at Bloomington and at Gormley? They're both designed for commuters coming from the 404, none have useful bus connections, nor anyone living anywhere near them.

Classic GO Transit DumbGrowth.

Heh, something funny in that press release-- I think MPP Dr. Helena Jaczek, or her assistant, got a little confused:

“I'm pleased to be at another opening of a new GO station, in my riding of Oak Ridges-Markham. This opening marks the second GO station opening in less than a year. Individuals in my riding have told me that improving transit is something critically important to them. Expanding GO service to Bloomington Road is another step in improving transit options and means a better commute for people to get to and from work, school and appointments.”

Seems they thought this had already opened - "second GO station opening in less than a year" (referring to Gormley). Proofreading is important.

Back