News   Mar 28, 2024
 90     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

Gladstone Hotel Purchase, Renovation

Designed by Elastic Interiors, the large front desk in the hotel’s lobby is replaced by soft seating cushions, a fireplace, and an understated antique check-in desk, according to Les Mallins. The place also features contemporary artwork, restored exposed bricks, and innovative lighting applications.

“Coincidentally, Enrique Mangalindan, one of Elastic’s principals, had his post-grad celebration at the Gladstone years ago, so his passion for the property was very much alive and authentic,” Les Mallins said.

Gladstone House will continue to promote art and culture as its core. Last November, the team took to Instagram, calling all local artists to submit their original artworks. Over 55 selected pieces will be displayed all around the hotel, including the stairwell and the guest rooms.

The hotel will also launch a new art studio, spearheaded by curator Lee Petrie for guests to create their own art.

Gladstone will reopen in the fall with Bistro and Bar offering new food and beverage, along with Melody Bar, home to the Drag Brunch.

Guests can expect “new spaces that are inviting and vibrant, infused with art and places to gather and celebrate,” Les Malins said.

The Gladstone House had a soft opening dinner for family and friends of staff last night. I took a few quick interior photos but will reserve posting them until official opening is completed.

Below from their announcement on Instagram. Can't say I'm a fan of the new lobby... 😕

242030506_4891271587574416_9104896533381856975_n.jpg

*Note to self of not to consume anything colourful before staring at that ceiling*

I likely won't be able to persuade anyone's opinions, but fwiw the natural colour of the ceiling is white with black coloured letters and symbols covering it. I forgot the story behind it, but the patterning was commissioned by a local artist. The pink colour emitting is just a base light that projects upwards. I think it looks a bit less garish without the pink. ;)

I likely won't be able to persuade anyone's opinions, but fwiw the natural colour of the ceiling is white with black coloured letters and symbols covering it. I forgot the story behind it, but the patterning was commissioned by a local artist. The pink colour emitting is just a base light that projects upwards. I think it looks a bit less garish without the pink. ;)
Well, thanks for clarifying that!. Not that I personally mind the pink though...but the pattern with (or without) said colour may prove interesting for those have taken something that's out there. 😼

That 3rd pic from the bottom isn't of pepperoni with pizza is it? Goodness...

Back