Garrison Point (Diamondcorp/Cityzen/Fernbrook) - Real Estate -

For all Garrison Point owners, do you know that we are owed 7500 via Tarion warranty due to all the delays! This is coming from Tarion and a Realtor that I have spoken too. I will try to update the group on it, we may possibly get it automatically credited in closing cost. I will do more research on it. I will attach what Tarion sent me for delay compensation.

i was under the impression that we dont get compensated for "Unavoidable delays", which the water main issue was considered one. This would be wonderful if true though. fingers crossed

I have some more bad news for Garrison Point owners.

A further unavoidable delay was issued for COVID19 and the developers are not in a position to provide any definitive revised occupancy dates. They will not be able to do so until COVID19 is no longer deemed a pandemic.

How long would after occupancy would you expect final closing? 6 months? Or sooner given that once occupancy actually happens, everyone will be ready almost right away?
Normally it's 6 month, we have to wait for 70% or 75% occupancy to set up the Condo Corp. So the builder can hand over the ownership of common area to the Condo Corp...
But again with the Covid-19, everything is on hold...

Our common areas were handed over months after final closing; they have up to 6 months to do that.

Lucy, did you mean opening up the common area for full operation?

My understanding is the Builder can not transfer the legal ownership of the common area to the Condo Corp until the later is established. But the Condo Corp can heritage the contract from the builder to get the work done after the final closing.

Yes. Ownership was transferred first, then common areas (pool, gym) exactly six months later. We only had to pay one month of "rent", ownership was transferred a month after moving in.

Has anyone received updated communication regarding Phase 1? Original occupancy was mid/late Feb?

I received the below communication today for Phase 1. In summary, Unavoidable Delay with respect to watermain issue ended, but the pandemic has triggered a new Unavoidable Delay, which makes it impossible for them to determine new occupancy dates. My original occupancy was February 5th (9th floor).

Hope everyone is able to secure housing during this stressful time period. I know a number of owners who were renting and have already vacated their units or will have to soon and have to scramble to find a place to stay.

garrison-point-pandemic-delay.png

I received the below communication today for Phase 1. In summary, Unavoidable Delay with respect to watermain issue ended, but the pandemic has triggered a new Unavoidable Delay, which makes it impossible for them to determine new occupancy dates. My original occupancy was February 5th (9th floor).

Hope everyone is able to secure housing during this stressful time period. I know a number of owners who were renting and have already vacated their units or will have to soon and have to scramble to find a place to stay.

I am sorry to hear this for those who were looking forward to moving into phase 1.
I wonder if they also shut down the site completely as I have not been able to observe much of a progress in the past ~2 weeks.

View attachment 239286

got the same notice today as well.. Should have moved in mid March.

At this point in time I dont even care about moving in. Even if we got the all clear, moving in while this pandemic is happening doesn't sit well with me.

We're fortunate enough to be able to carry on with our current living arrangements but I do feel it for those who were banking on moving in soon. Terrible situation all around.

View attachment 239286
Same here...Had to extend the storage. I hope no-one gets affected financially, did Tarion set up a rule for people not to close because of job loss?

I believe they have started occupancy at lower floor @ Garrison Point, lots of elevator booking on the BuildingLink for owners

Back