News   Jul 17, 2024
 41     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 697     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 608     0 

G-20 Summit in Toronto

you can call someone out if you want but if you're trying to portray yourself as morally superior in the process (which is probably the agenda) when you have clearly done worse, it looks kinda stupid.

Exactly. What's next, a stern moral lecture from the leader of North Korea?

I'm sure if there was an accusation of adultery involved, the moral leaders of Iran would be calling for a stoning.

Exactly. What's next, a stern moral lecture from the leader of North Korea?

I'm sure if there was an accusation of adultery involved, the moral leaders of Iran would be calling for a stoning.
If North Korea had some serious suggestions as to how Canada could be a better country would you not listen? Or would you trip over your inflated nationalist ego while running away?

If North Korea had some serious suggestions as to how Canada could be a better country would you not listen? Or would you trip over your inflated nationalist ego while running away?

You are kidding, right?

Considering what N Korea stands for, how the people are treated and the total oppression of a population and you think we should listen to them on their critques over how our cops act? There is something called hypocrisy. A totalitarian state that completely abuses and oppresses it's population and then has the gall to critize other countries is pure hypocrisy.

And we actually have to point this out to someone suggesting that we have something to learn from nations run by monsters.

Last edited:

Tell me, have you heard any offerings from the dictator of North Korea regarding any suggestions as to how Canada could be a better a country? Please share if you have.

One thing is funny though, I mentioned the leader of North Korea and you spoke of North Korea. The reality is that this is exactly how the leader of that nation perceives himself: he is the country. Gosh, he must be full of good ideas then!

Good to hear that you are willing to happily keep your eager ears open for some sage advice from a maniacal despot, and to not let any of those silly narcissistic successes of Canada blind you. Gosh, you are such a tremendously open-minded person (just be careful that your mind doesn't fall out while you are being so open-minded). Maybe you can email some of the citizens of North Korea and get us all a jolly first-hand account of the high value placed on individual rights in that country. I'm sure they'd all enlighten us on the great value that their government (self-appointed guy in charge) places on democracy, freedom of expression, right to free assemby and so on.

Oh, sorry. Citizens in North Korea are really not encouraged to speak with outsiders like you. Something about it being highly discouraged and very much against the law.

Many Americans have offered serious advice - including things like privatizing health care, liberalize gun laws, vastly increase military spending, and so on. Some of these things appeal to some Canadians.

But you were not initially addressing Americans, were you? No, you were accusing me of being egotistical for making a crack about listening to the suggestions of dictators regarding policing in Canada. In fact, you clearly suggested that I was being egotistical for mocking the idea of listening to the likes of the dictator of North Korea. So I asked you whether you know of any advice offered by the Supreme Leader Kim Jong il that would make Canada a more fun place like North Korea.

Do you have any?

Did I ever say that he did? I said that if he were to, it'd be foolish and egotistical to just brush off that advice or criticism. You mocked Iran for criticizing some of Canada's actions at the G20. How would you like it if Iran mocked Canada for Canada's criticism on Iran?

Did I ever say that he did? I said that if he were to, it'd be foolish and egotistical to just brush off that advice or criticism.

How many people are lining up outside the North Korean or Iranian embassies around the world hoping to immigrate to those countries in search of a better life?

Comparing those numbers against those lining up outside Canadian or US embassies might give one a good basis as to which countries one should take advice from given the way thousands of people from around the world have voted with their feet.

How many people are lining up outside the North Korean or Iranian embassies around the world hoping to immigrate to those countries in search of a better life?

Comparing those numbers against those lining up outside Canadian or US embassies might give one a good basis as to which countries one should take advice from given the way thousands of people from around the world have voted with their feet.
Why does that make any difference?

If someone has criticism for you, and especially when tonnes of other people are saying the same thing, it's a good idea to take a look at it. Does it matter what the human rights violations are in one country? If they have criticisms on what Canada's doing wrong, why wouldn't you look at that?

If a financial advisor gives you some tips on how to manage your money you'd take it right? But if that same financial advisor is a child abuser and is giving you advice on how to raise your kids, just how much value would you put into his advice?

That's how I'm looking at this? If Iran is a country that doesnt' exactly represent human rights (as is reported) than why should we place value in it's criticisms of our handling of a human rights situation?

The irony is that when the international community does question places like Iran about situations such as this their standard response is, "it's our country, we will manage it as we see fit. Stay out of our business".

Last edited:
Why does that make any difference?

If someone has criticism for you, and especially when tonnes of other people are saying the same thing, it's a good idea to take a look at it. Does it matter what the human rights violations are in one country? If they have criticisms on what Canada's doing wrong, why wouldn't you look at that?

Either you are extremely naive or there is clearly something wrong with you.

It would be like listening to a child molestor trying to give you pointers on how to deal with children or a rapist on how to pick up woman. You wouldn't do this because the other party has zero credibility. If you actually advocate taking advice from people who run their country on severe human rights violations and do their best to oppress their population.....

You are a fool.

Last edited:

Back