News   Apr 25, 2024
 177     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 340     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 535     0 

FOX News

I actually find Bill O'reilly to be somewhat objective when you compare him to Sean Hannity or Ann Coulter. He has complimented Obama on numerous occasions and he does challenge other Republican pundits on the show.

There was one time though where Congresswoman Michelle Bachman, who is truly nothing but a religious nutjob, was being interviewed by Bill O'Reilly and he claimed the only reason right wing figures like her and Sarah Palin get critisized are because they are young, attractive woman. We all know that's not true and anyone could list many reasons why both woman are morons.

I am truly grateful that Canada does that have such a fierce right-wing undertone.

Not just that, but literally fabricating or misattributing footage in order to back their far right agenda. I still recall the number that Jon Stewart did on them for airing a video clip of an entirely different Washington rally and claiming that it was of a Palin event of the previous day (which in reality had a far smaller turnout). This has happened over and over, and yet they are still allowed to keep their broadcasting license.

Well, in this school of broadcasting, the alibi is that it's "entertainment".

Of course, the realms in which I see the "entertainment" label typically used in this fashion are lottery, gaming, and the sex industry...

I actually find Bill O'reilly to be somewhat objective when you compare him to Sean Hannity or Ann Coulter. He has complimented Obama on numerous occasions and he does challenge other Republican pundits on the show.

He is, I more often agree than disagree with his comments or views and he takes his high profile platform to do good things too which I respect. I also like how he often chases the small, but important issues that we'd never hear of otherwise. O'Reilly now wields an enormous amount of power at FNC, hence why I believe his right-wing views have moved to a more moderate position in the past several years which I suspect more accurately reflects his analysis of the topics he covers. He's right of centre to be sure - and that's fine, he's not a raving right-wing knob like his fellow FNC "pundits".

He is still guilty of willfully using faulty logic and misinformation. Having supposedly moderate vies does not excuse this. Frankly, he's a bit of an idiot.

American's have now rated FOX News the "must trusted source for their news."

Therefore, CNN can no longer make that claim in their advertising and FOX News has started to...

foxad_2-1.jpg

American's have now rated FOX News the "must trusted source for their news."

Therefore, CNN can no longer make that claim in their advertising and FOX News has started to...

foxad_2-1.jpg

Downright scary.

Somehow I missed this tidbit, last night The Daily Show reported that FOX "News" was the only cable news network to cut Obama's Q & A session at the Republican retreat last weekend as he was doing so well answering the tough questions posed to him it was thought that they'd cut away from the event. CNN and MSNBC ran the entire Obama question period at the retreat in it's entirety. Fair and Balanced!

"Fair & Balanced" in the sense that if you repeat something enough times a good portion of the population will start to believe it.

you'd think that with all the tea baggers painting hitler moustaches on obama posters, they'd have some knowledge of nazi propaganda techniques.

With the introduction of Glenn Beck, O'Reilly seems much more moderate.

Like Jon Stewart said, it's like being the thinnest kid at fat camp.

A US Citizen

I just reread your intro and rewatched the clip and it dawns on me how wrong your characterization of this 'off the air' chat was:eek: Did they really say that they think Canada should be bombed? Did you really hear that they wanted Canada to stop peace keeping? Good lord, shake your head. They were laughing about a piece in print that mocks Canada's smug international role, a role that so consistently seems to enjoy being a pain in the ass to Americans trying to rule the world (i'm paraphrasing here but you get my point).

I find it embarrassing that we are so reactionary and so defensive about negative attention from others, as if we simply cannot believe that the entire world doesn't worship Canadians and our enlightened righteousness. Ugh, how annoying! We just end up looking like insecure hicks. Again, Canadians mock the USA all the time! It is our national passtime. We have to be able to take a little back. There are many, many Americans who do love Canada and who look to us for inspiration, so lets just keep a little perspective here and the next time some Yank makes fun of Winnipeg or Celin Dion or Sophie on CBC or coloured money or colour with a 'u' or our mashed potatoes or whatever. C'est la vie, eh?!
If I recall correctly, The CBC production Air farce regularly made remakrs that placed President Bush into the category of being retarded or close to it. It was supposed to be "all in fun" K2.....

They made fun of every politician. Bush was very easy. They also lampooned Clinton, and of course every party leader here.

Adma: I remember the Match Game back in the 70s...I'll take JP Morgan anytime over Sister Sarah...

One thought about FOX NEWS: FAIR and balanced...to the RIGHT!!! LI MIKE

Back