News   Apr 26, 2024
 175     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 432     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.3K     4 

Fox News Insults Canada and the Canadian Forces

Not a surprise from Fox. Never is.

The admission by one "panelist" that he didn't even know Canadians were in Afghanistan is a good indicator of the quality of commentary.

I must admit it got my blood boiling for a bit. The US military colleagues were equally shocked and appalled when they saw the video. But after a discussion, we all decided the best way to respond to this is with humour. We've all petitioned The Daily Show to parody this segment. Hope they come through.

That was very insulting, but it's somewhat buoyed by the fact that the Fox News network is basically hemmhoraging viewers right now.

Meh - it's their red eye show that comes on at something like 3am. As a Canadian living in Phoenix, I chuckled when I got sent the youtube links from several colleagues in our Toronto office. Does anyone really take Fox News seriously anymore? It's like watching SNL.

Meh - it's their red eye show that comes on at something like 3am. As a Canadian living in Phoenix, I chuckled when I got sent the youtube links from several colleagues in our Toronto office. Does anyone really take Fox News seriously anymore? It's like watching SNL.

I wasn't offended at the Canadian stereotypes. I was offended at the fact that they accused our Chief of Land Staff of being effeminate and then went on to suggest our Army's a bunch of slackers.

Let's look at it this way:

Various American generals have made similar comments to Congress and the Senate in the US saying that the US military will at some point (post-Iraq and post-Afghanistan) will need some time to recuperate. Can you imagine a commentator on a Fox comedy show being allowed to suggest that the Commandant of Marine Corps was effeminate and that the Marines were being slackers, needed time off to do yoga and get into a set of gorgeous white capris?

I expect that since Fox's slogan is 'Fair and Balanced' they will treat this attack on Canada's military the same way they would has those comments been directed at the US Army or US Marine Corps.

http://activitypit.ning.com/forum/topics/thanks-canada

You guys should see the comments on the fan site. The yahoos still don't get it. They justify it by saying, "Oh it's a comedy show" or "It's on at 3am. It should not be taken seriously." If that's the case, let's see how they would like it if Rick Mercer made similar comments about the American military on a day when a half dozen American personnel get killed.

The host has just apologized.

What an apology....

I would like him to explain what Canadians misunderstood...the part about the head of our Army having an effeminate name or the part about our troops needing a break to do yoga, paint landscapes and run on the beach with 'gorgeous, white capris'.

I really resent the facts that these folks pretend to 'care about the troops'. If anyone wants to see folks that care about the troops, they should meet the people who just spent an hour and a half with me in the cold on a highway overpass just to catch a glimpse of the hearses go by.

I can't believe that they would consider it to be in good taste to mock the military of an ally who is suffering casualties fighting a war for their country. I went to school with one of the soldiers that died last week, Tyler Crooks. It makes me angry that they would mock his sacrifice and that of over 100 other Canadians.

At least you can always get a good laugh from insulting Fox's stupidity!! I relly do hope Jon Stewart parodies this!! Love his show!!

PS I just COULDN'T watch more than 2 minutes of that first video.

"Our cops drive heavily-armoured cars, their mounties ride horses, our cops wear bullet-proof vests, the mounties wear cute little red jackets that could be seen from a mile away. This is not a smart culture."

You know what??

F*CK YOU

(^a quote from the daily show on a completely different isuue =P)

Last edited:
Apology or not, with Fox's track record you can be sure they'll be putting their foot in it again quite soon.

Back