Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

I can't argue the point about the superior materials/mechanical guts since I have no idea but I have to respectfully disagree with this observation: "the building doesn't beg for attention." The one bit of publicity regarding this building which sticks with me had to do with the fact that the servants for the super rich living in the large tower are relegated to the shorter (yet attached) tower. Plus the fact that it's called the Four Seasons and is in Yorkville kind of makes me want to be wowed. but hey, maybe the superwealthy are trying to exude a subdued presence nowadays and therefore, this building may achieve that perfectly.

Maybe I missed something, but I'm not sure where this servants living in the shorter tower thing came from. Either way, sign me up; I'd love to live in either tower. Those servants would have better accommodations than a majority of Torontonians.

I don't remember where I heard it either but in this 24 hour news cycle, I'm not surprised that I still think Obama is a muslim or Mitt Romney's Morman faith is just some sort of voodoo

Maybe I missed something, but I'm not sure where this servants living in the shorter tower thing came from. Either way, sign me up; I'd love to live in either tower. Those servants would have better accommodations than a majority of Torontonians.

That is true. As far as I've seen, no building has gone so far in terms of quality of materials and finishes than the four seasons. And it's not just the things you see on the outside. The guts of the building (mechanical systems, etc) deserve as much praise as the exterior. There will likely never be a residential or hotel building built to the same standards as this building. Well, at least for a long long time.

Too bad it requires a $1,900/sqft sales price to do so...

…as long as the simplicity comes with beautiful proportions to, which to my eye this building has (and which I think should be added to the list of appreciated attributes of the Four Seasons). That's definitely in the eye of the beholder though, and if Searchlight doesn't see it, then so be it… but Searchlight, that is another reason why so many of us like this building: it just looks right, and for the many reasons given in the recent posts.

March 9, 2012

6970155337_b61d87ebdd_b.jpg

by far, the best angle to view this tower... the shorter tower compliments it perfectly, and the taller tower looks crazy sharp with the 2 sides of cladding distinguishable... in all other angles, the shorter tower is too overpowered and lost in the bunch.

there are probably a handful of buildings in the city that just look cool - like Casa (wow) and One King. And if Four Seasons wasn't going for the "man that's a cool building" vibe, then that's perfectly fine. Perhaps my expectations were so high and I basically see something that looks like the first half of Parade.

I agree that Four Seasons is elegant and simple and obviously has beautiful glass and guts. I also love simple buildings like 18 York/Telus Tower/Bay Adelaide. And some of the wild designs end up looking ridiculous (not fond of RBC Tower with that blue stripe or Absolute which reminds me of Rob Ford).

…as long as the simplicity comes with beautiful proportions to, which to my eye this building has (and which I think should be added to the list of appreciated attributes of the Four Seasons). That's definitely in the eye of the beholder though, and if Searchlight doesn't see it, then so be it… but Searchlight, that is another reason why so many of us like this building: it just looks right, and for the many reasons given in the recent posts.

Wow Crystal Blue looks rough in that first shot, but Uptown is kinda growing on me. Quite a nice cluster appearing around the north end of downtown! Lots of variety.

idk, I find the fins incredibly disappointing! Especially when comparing to what Shangri-La's fins are shaping up to be.

I also dislike the smaller tower directly beside it acting as a 'mini-me' of sorts.

All-in-all, I'm less impressed w/ this development than I thought I'd be. Ah well, that's Blandville, err, Yorkville for you!

I'm expecting this hotel to be a true 5 star hotel. The location, the name, the restaurant, in the city where it all started. nothing can top yorkville's glitzy location and the brand of four seasons. Or at least I hope so!!

Back