Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

IMG_0237.jpg

Great update. About time we get new ground level/context photos. I'm in love with the cut-away effect on the podium, and the stone looks very understated yet high quality.

I'm a convert to this project!!!

4 April 2012--3 reasons why it's #1:

045ne.jpg

... i kinda find the bottom/street level here very awkward with that blank wall with random window sections. but the rest of the tower is pure.

and every time i see this one on the skyline it looks so photoshopped! not a bad thing, but its not something I'm used to seeing being so prominent on the skyline. it can be seen from miles away too. a new marker/landmark for the skyline. a super tall in yorkville would really really overpower. i would rather a super tall be in another part of the city.

Looking at the floorplans for the entrance there's a lot of privacy in the lobby area thanks to the rather solid walls. I think it creates an interesting separation between the high end interior and everything outside.

The main tower is better but I actually find the top of the shorter tower quite poorly done.

From Yonge street when you see it, it looks like a grey concrete box that they tried to smear lipstick on with a thin layer of glass in front of it, that doesn't really block anything. If these were true fins you wouldn't be able to see the awful mechanical behind it. Actually on a lot of their projects the mechanical boxes seem to be their aAchilles heel.

I know I'll get torn apart by the aA Crew for this but it's just my opinion from walking up Yonge street multiple times every day.

Last edited:
I feel they've at least clad it well and it does lend itself to the taller brother. It's definitely not my favourite part but I don't think it kills the whole thing in any way.

Damn, the black car in the first shot is a McLaren MP4-12C. Stunning piece of machinery. Also 4S looks pretty good too.

it's a lamborghini gallardo... sleek, but relatively commonplace :p

(edit: oops didn't see the first pic.. d'oh)

Haha, yeah, I was about to get all 'I know my cars' defensive. Gallardos are indeed downright pedestrian compared to any McLaren.

Back