Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

Also, does the glass really look green to you in that image or did you just mean that figuratively?

haha yes you are right. I used the word green, as it's a difficult colour to really describe. It's that murky blue-green colour that a lot of condos look like from a distance. I have no word for it.

Maybe "murky condo" can be a new Benjamin Moore paint color name! :)

It should be part of a whole line of colours, along with "Green Whine," "Dull Grey," "Precast," "Cheap Mullion," and "Exposed Concrete."

Would be a perfect contrast to my "Roadkill" palette.

For me, 1 St Thomas is the winner in that photo. I also love 4S, but not in that particular pic. Direct sunlight can kill even the best looking glass buildings. I personally love the appearance of glass buildings just after sunset on a clear day.

For me, the winner is Manulife Centre, with the Ferguson Block as the runnerup. A plain slab of concrete is all you need, not all the gewgaws on 1 St Thomas.

I can appreciate the occasional slab, but "all" you need? Would you really want every building to look like that, with no variety? Just curious.

Well, no. But I have an impression there is maybe a new wave of postmodern buildings going up? That's bad if so, most of them will be failures.

If we had a hundred postmodern monkeys designing buildings for a hundred years, the chances they'd come up with a "new" Empire State Building is pretty small. :) One ST is definitely not the Empire State Building.

By me

img20120301133753.jpg

Anonymous: thanks for all of the photographic contributions!

That BMO building is one of Toronto's best !

Back