News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 551     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.2K     1 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

Note the use of the term "Scarborough Subway" and "reconfirm" while referring to a theoretical subway extension on Sheppard.

Either they don't realize that the "Scarborough Subway" that council supported was on McCowan Rd, not Sheppard, or this is some sort of Ford-esque way of trying to trick people. Asking to "reconfirm" something that was never confirmed in the first place, by using a term often used to refer to another subway line on a completely different route?

Or is there something that prevents these councillors from comprehending multiple & different transit projects and routes, and where they are? I guess to them, supporting a Danforth subway extension on McCowan means... supporting a subway on every street in the city? Bizarre.

It reminds me of when Ford repeatedly claimed that he was the reason Eglinton Crosstown had an underground section, something completely untrue. It's like capitalizing on people's confusion of the various transit projects/proposals or something.

Sheppard East is a Scarborough subway, but I see what you're saying.

They said "reconfirm" and there's no Sheppard subway currently "confirmed". Clearly they're mixing up Sheppard and McCowan.

That's exactly what it sounds like.
They're not that stupid. Karygiannis is trying to kill the Sheppard East LRT which goes through his ward. They could have just said "subway replacing the RT".

They said "reconfirm" and there's no Sheppard subway currently "confirmed". Clearly they're mixing up Sheppard and McCowan.
I seem to remember that "reconfirmation" was used to mess with something in the Ford years - presumably SLRT. Council decides - if anything else is to happen later the motion should be declared as either a variance or a request to overturn, otherwise simply discarded as moot.

Technicalities aside, this motion does not go anywhere as Mammoliti has no allies on the council. John Tory does not want to him as an ally. An ally who is too loud and not particularly smart can do more damage than good.

Lefties certainly do not back Mammoliti, and the right side seem to have reservations about him as well (I remember Rob Ford calling someone a weasel who belongs in a zoo).

Technicalities aside, this motion does not go anywhere as Mammoliti has no allies on the council. John Tory does not want to him as an ally. An ally who is too loud and not particularly smart can do more damage than good.

Lefties certainly do not back Mammoliti, and the right side seem to have reservations about him as well (I remember Rob Ford calling someone a weasel who belongs in a zoo).

Good. Hopefully this will kill the Finch Subway "proposal" once and for all.

It'll still end up at Exec where it'll probably be deferred indefinitely but not before it gets debated. Good luck getting 2/3 to call the question.

Back