News   Jul 16, 2024
 401     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 514     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

@pstogios I hear you. The nature of news media and online communication today means that the most extreme left and right wing views are magnified a million times over, even though most people are probably more moderate (answer lies in the middle and all that). That being said, he has a base obviously otherwise he would not be elected. As well as the usual disclaimers that parties and politicians of all stripes dupe voters etc etc. Moving forward means genuinely engaging with his voters and people receptive to his message.

Also is that white wall at Finch West the actual slab to knock down to get to the LRT platform.

Yes, at the open house on Saturday (December 16) there was some high level TTC people and I asked this particular question. They took me to the wall (as seen in post #1873 and #1855) and stated that this wall was "the actual slab to knock down to get to the (future) LRT platform".

Last edited:
I will bring my sledgehammer and tear down that wall myself. FWLRT must begin immediately.

I can’t believe you own a sledgehammer.:confused:

You may have a hard time with that I was somewhat surprised to see that the breakout wall has two layers of concrete block and it was pretty thick lol. It'd be a helluva workout though haha

I think a golden sledgehammer would be pretty appropriate for the inevitable Del Duca groundbreaking ceremony, instead of the usual shovels :).

There would have to be one photo op requesting a short list of UT participants who own sledgehammers and are interested in smashing the wall.

Then a second photo op declaring that @Tigermaster has been selected and qualified to do the wall breaking.

Then another photo op to cut the ribbon on the work area.

Then another photo op to announce that the Province is investigating high pressure water jets as a greener and cheaper way to make the opening (less dust, whatever).

Meanwhile, the opening date for the connecting tunnel will move from 2024 to 2025.

- Paul

You may have a hard time with that I was somewhat surprised to see that the breakout wall has two layers of concrete block and it was pretty thick lol. It'd be a helluva workout though haha

Yikes, might have to bring out the heavy duty equipment. There is a Caterpillar dealer not too far from VMC Station. Maybe I can buy a small bulldozer from there, and bring it down to Finch West Station on the subway :p

How much of a "rough-in" did they put into the Finch West LRT portions? Did they at least dig out the station box?
Its just the connector to the station box that's dug out. They got the hole that allowed the public to peak in during the open house last Saturday. The station box isn't build yet. It would be perpendicular to the tysse station box so it makes no sense to dig it out.

Back