News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.8K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 406     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Finch West Line 6 LRT

They should build the bus loop closer to the LRT station at Humber College...

Originally, the plan was for the LRT to enter Humber's campus and end closer to the bus loop. Changes along the way included trenching the LRT, and nixing the "on-campus" stop due to what I assume is future-proofing the FWLRT for a future extension to Pearson.

They should build the bus loop closer to the LRT station at Humber College...
There will probably be some rumbling closer to opening date. The latest Brampton Transit business plan basically states they're going to move the 511 Steeles Zum to meet up properly with the LRT.

Although I understand that demand on Finch is very local, I would still like to see Driftwood or Jane, Duncanwoods or Pearldale and Stevenson or Albion removed.

Although I understand that demand on Finch is very local, I would still like to see Driftwood or Jane, Duncanwoods or Pearldale and Stevenson or Albion removed.

The same refrain appears with every arterial LRT plan.

The stops you mentioned all have 2 or all 3 of: high density housing, significant underdeveloped land, and bus routes. If you ride the bus through lower-income areas like this, especially off-peak, you see all kinds of school kids, moms-with-strollers, and seniors with mobility issues making shortish local trips. Taking away their transit to save commuters a minute or two isn't all that fair.

This plan already has virtually the same stop spacing as the Bloor subway line between, say High Park and Pape, with fewer entrances. It's not Eglinton West by any stretch of the imagination. I think all of the stops will be well used.

i dont even think this should be considered rapid transit, not at all in a bad way. It won't be as fast as a subway or an lrt with less frequent stopping and grade seperation. it should be promoted as an enhanced surface route, with a little more speed and much better reliability and capacity.

The stops you mentioned all have 2 or all 3 of: high density housing, significant underdeveloped land, and bus routes. If you ride the bus through lower-income areas like this, especially off-peak, you see all kinds of school kids, moms-with-strollers, and seniors with mobility issues making shortish local trips. Taking away their transit to save commuters a minute or two isn't all that fair.

This plan already has virtually the same stop spacing as the Bloor subway line between, say High Park and Pape, with fewer entrances. It's not Eglinton West by any stretch of the imagination. I think all of the stops will be well used.

There's no high density here. There are some towers in the park here but towers in park with vast areas of empty land does not amount to high density so claiming high density residential is inaccurate. Much of the 'underdeveloped' land is developed with low density housing with suburban street network, hence those areas have no potential to develop either. Nor will San Romanoway intensify beyond what it is - since we're talking about eliminating Driftwood.

I have no idea what you're trying to get at with the Bloor Subway comparison.

Last edited:

I am sure they will be used. However, the stops I mentioned are pretty close by and I am sure that transit users can walk an extra hundred meter for the greater good. Having stations close by would mean that the LRV cannot reach very high speeds in that section. I am not calling for an express train, I am just calling for a few(three) unreasonably close stops to be removed. Take a look a map and you will see.
Finch_West_LRT_Map_EN-850x550.jpg

I don't know about Berlin but I think they overurbanized things in renderings. I'm looking at the Duncanwoods rendering, with the overabundance of pedestrians and cyclists it's almost like College Street.

Back