News   Aug 23, 2024
 2.3K     4 
News   Aug 23, 2024
 570     0 

favourite toronto neighborhoods

sodapop

Member Bio
Reaction score
dont turn this into a giant neighborhood vs. neighborhood fight, keep it friendly :) as of right now i love riverdale because i think the architecture is pretty awesome, and i like how hilly it is :p roncesvalles and the junction are my other favourites and cabbage town gets an honorable mention
what do you guys think???

Church-Wellesley Village, St. Lawrence Market, Cabbagetown, College West & Queen West West

Church-Wellesley Village, St. Lawrence Market, Cabbagetown, College West & Queen West West
I almost consider them all the same neighbourhood. Almost.

I'm not completely serious, but then again, there is some element to that. I liked living near Queen West West because it was part of the downtown core, and all those areas are easily accessible.

Entertainment District & King West (DURING THE DAY TIME ONLY), Leslieville, Parkdale, The Junction.

I'm moving to a location somewhere tucked in between Brockton, Little Portugal and a bit west of Little Italy. Quiet, yet close to 2 streetcar routes, the 29 bus and a short walk to Dufferin Mall and Dufferin Grove Park. Easy to bike anywhere, but the first stage Bixi coverage is useless to me. I love Portugese chicken and bakeries so I'm set. A reasonable walk to Ossington.

My ideal location is Little Italy/Annex (ie Euclid, Markham or Palmerston Blvd) but happy enough where I'm going. Plus the faint smell of chocolate from Cadbury and Nestle is a nice touch. At least it isn't a Lush plant nearby.

Having a house downtown is not easy. I'd recommend the Beaches. You can even buy a house on the Toronto Centre Island - that's what I would do, ideally.

Having a house downtown is not easy. I'd recommend the Beaches. You can even buy a house on the Toronto Centre Island - that's what I would do, ideally.

What do residents on the island do in an emergency? If they call 911, in the winter, does a chopper fly out there?

I guess they have to take the ferry over to the mainland to buy groceries then ride it back?

^Amen. Whenever I think of Toronto as a great city, I instinctively think about the summertime and early fall. The half of the year from early November to mid-April when it's -1 to 2 degrees, overcast, windy with a high chance of rain/snow is not exactly conducive to enjoying the city. Toronto feels easily three times bigger in July than it does in January.

Europeans are luckier than us because their continent is a series of peninsulas that jut out into shallow seas rather than a huge hulking land mass. Other than coastal California, every other city on the North American continent has a half-a-year write-off period when it's either too hot, too cold or too rainy.

The annex for sure! Just beautiful.

(about the weather... I'm not bothered by it at any time of year... I guess I'm just a happy guy!)

Back