News   Jul 16, 2024
 365     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 469     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Favourite Indian Restaurants

Kamasutra on Bayview is better

I haven't been, but keep hearing good things about this place...

Indian Rice Factory

Indian Rice Factory is not in the 'cheap and cheerful' mode, but the food is excellent and a cut above your average curry house. However, Kamasutra on Bayview kicks IRF butt these days. Excellent, excellent food with a ridiculous amount of variety. I highly recommend the Goa Fish and Prawns, which is more a mild coconut curry SE asia style than your average north Indian fire-spice.

For takeout, we use BBQ Hut, Haandi 2000, or Mohitomahal(sp?) in LI.

The Indian Kitchen
7330 Yonge Street,Thornhill,ON

Fresh Nan. Rich sauces. Chick Peas and Paneer.

We eat there fairly regularly -- great place. Another one worth checking out is Nawab, in one of the plazas inside the Promenade parking lot (i.e. SW corner of Bathurst/Centre).

Sorry to hijack this thread but does anyone know of a good Indian restaurant in Markham, or north of the Scarborough Town Center. Or perhaps in the Pacific Mall general area.

I don't know what the place is called, I don't even know if its Indian or Pakistan, but there is a take out restaurant at the middle plaza complex NW of Sheppard and Shorting that I see have long line ups whenever I pass by. I never been in but I did try their food when a friend bought take out there. One word: Spicilicious!

Byriani House on Hayden is one of the best Indian restaurants in town. It is also one of the cheapest. Every friend I've taken there loves it, the booze is not overpriced and service is quick. A dinner for five, including a bottle of wine and several beers, came out to $120. Very highly recommended.

I tried the Bombay Bhel at NYCC, and it is quite good. It is also not pricey. Jaipur Grille on Yonge is also good eats.

Last Xmas, my mother and I did takeout at Rajdhani Sweets at Albion + Islington. (Don't laugh. And it's recommended.)

Formerly Red Rose Restaurant (very old school) has a new look/name/owner?

dsc02100uw4.jpg

Wonder how well they'll do here?

Back