News   Jul 16, 2024
 364     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 469     2 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 1.3K     3 

Favourite Indian Restaurants

Tandoori Flame (Brampton) - Dixie Road @ Orenda Road

It's buffet style and has a huge selection of foods. $15 gets you well fed.

Lahore on Gerrard in LI.

This is probably the best food you can get from an establishment where they serve food on styrofoam plates inside a bunch of heated trailers lit with decorative Christmas lights.

What are your favourite restaurants for Indian Cuisine?

How about best for those on a budget?

This discussion should definitely include 'Lahore Tikka' on Gerrard (notwithstanding the fact that technically it's not Indian but Pakistani food). No south asian Toronto experience is complete without checking this institution out...

Debu Saha's Biryani House on Wellesley, just east of Yonge, is my personal fave.

I keep hearing about Brampton's Tandoori Flame. I must check it out soon!

Also, tried the buffet at Siddharta on Gerrard the other night and was pretty impressed.

Nataraj on the north side of Bloor just east of Brunswick.

2 dishes and a starch - nan or rice - 2 pops and a decent tip about $40 all in.

^Mt Everest across the street is good as well, their lunch special is good. Not the best, but it satisfies my Indian cravings (btw, anyone here try Gits "instant" Indian food? For $2 or less (in grocery stores), you get a decent Indian food experience.)

There's also a place at Bathurst and St Clair that is good--name escapes me, in the base of the Clairhurst medical building.

Probably one of my favourite Indian lunch buffets is Little India on Queen, at St. Patrick. The best along that strip, that's for sure, and the price is great - $10.95.

My fave is Tiffin - 80 Ellesmere Road.

I haven't found too many places yet that are as good for Chaat.

I can vouch for the earlier suggestions of Lahore Tikka House on Gerrard. It's cheap, really good, and the servings are enormous.

I recently tried the lunch buffet at Little India on Queen, and it was quite good, and at that price you can't go wrong.

Some good ones that nobody has mentioned yet:

Jodhpure Club in Baldwin village, Bombay Palace at Jarvis and Adelaide (though pricey) and Chutney's at Bloor at Montgomery, which might be my favourite.

I've also heard that Dhaba at King and Peter is excellent, though fancier (ie expensive) but I haven't been there yet.

Last edited:
I'd like to vouch for "Little India" restaurant, very good food, and not too expensive either. Although I wouldn't mind paying more money for a really high quality restaurant with all the bells and whistles since I like Indian food very much. Seems like every ten minutes I drive past a Caribbean or Muslim eatery but can never find an Indian one....

I've heard very good things about one called "Amaya", don't know what it is though.

Back