News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 737     0 

EQ1, EQ2, Encore at Equinox (SCC, Monarch, 35 + 30s, G+C)

July 6

Some unit's have body's in them in EQ1

IMG_july_06_09-0096.jpg

IMG_july_06_09-0106.jpg

IMG_july_06_09-0105.jpg

IMG_july_06_09-0101.jpg

great pics. love the greengrass. However, this would not be a place i would even consider residing in.

Not surprised RED got cancelled. They should really change the name to something more meaningful or representative of the project, IMO.

Am I the only one who finds the fact that the towers are massed around the entrance to the underground parking garage ridiculous? War on the car? Not on your life.

Looking at the photos, I had the same impression (tower-in-the-park). However, having been to the area I feel that the grass section is and enhancement rather than a detraction. SCC is a dull, concrete area devoid of greenery and life. This linear strip of grass does more for the neighbourhood than another street-abutting tower could hope to accomplish. Once the area is filled in, this patch should add value to the area and make it more inviting.

Overall, these buildings are pretty decent. The scale, design and aesthetics are not without their flaws but are strong improvements over the area. I am particularly impressed with the base and the roof elements. Both towers are different and step back from each other in a respectful and define way. Not bad for SCC, but reminiscent of some of the towers that started the development trends in MCC. The next towers need to be different to avoid watering down the effect.

The parking situation is killing me. They have 2 parking spots for every 3 suites. This means my chances of buying a second spot are slim to none. My wife and I both work far enough from make driving a necessity and Monarch pretty much told me that it's just too bad and suck it up. I thought that was pretty insensitive......

MastaJon ... welcome to UT

While I feel sorry for your situation, the condos at Equinox 1+2 and EQ1+EQ2+Red were approved on the basis on substantially reduced parking requirements (since it was right next to LRT station... public transit!)

However if public transit was not your forte ... you really should have considered another condo located OFF the transit system ~ its a unfortunate situation, but some due diligence research in your condo DOCs may have revealed the parking deficiency

7th Floor

Their onto the 7th floor now with people moving in.
Last week they were only on 5th.
EQ1 should be registered in no time!
WOOT WOOT!

Rendering

while nothing paricularly special ... here's a tribute to RED

Red.jpg

I too hope Monarch wouldn't just leave Red's excavated hole like it is now ... it would be nice if they at least finish off the underground garage or something ~

changes

I'm kinda annoyed tho...I was told I can't change the carpet in the bedroom and I have to wait until I take title...that messes up all my plans...but I guess there is nothing I can do...

How much are you guys paying for rent right now?

Carpet

We were able to change the carpet in our bedroom. Did they advise you that you couldn't at the home design studio appointment?

Back