News   Apr 19, 2024
 764     0 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 647     2 
News   Apr 19, 2024
 1K     3 

Enwave Deep Lake Water Cooling

I managed to sneak in here awhile ago and stood over the void on that small balcony. It's really amazing. Then I got caught, but the construction worker was young; he just smiled and politely requested that I not return.

Still worth it though!

Thanks for posting the info - i was visiting a friend at the new College Park towers. Looking down I asked him what the hole was and he wasn't sure. Asked the security dude later if it was enwave related to which he confirmed and proceeded to tell me ALLLL about it. Nice to see the photos.... would love to get in a little closer myself to see down :)

I was browsing the City's TO-INView website today and found they have added a preliminary map of construction in 2016. This includes an expansion of the Enwave system along Front Front Street to Parliament Street, (it now runs to the St Lawrence Centre @ Yonge Street) down Lower Jarvis to Queen's Quay and a link up Victoria Street from Queen to Gould (presumably going to Ryerson). If this actually happens it will greatly expand the Enwave system and possible provide district heating/cooling for the West Don Lands (where much of the distribution piping was already laid), Bayfront and Lower Yonge. This is a screen capture :
Enwave-2016.jpg

Attachments

• Enwave-2016.jpg
    Enwave-2016.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,733
I was browsing the City's TO-INView website today and found they have added a preliminary map of construction in 2016. This includes an expansion of the Enwave system along Front Front Street to Parliament Street ...
Wait ... digging up Front that they just rebuilt from Jarvis to Parliament!?! Or did they lay pipes during the reconstruction last year to accommodate this ...

Wait ... digging up Front that they just rebuilt from Jarvis to Parliament!?! Or did they lay pipes during the reconstruction last year to accommodate this ...
Come on now! You KNOW the answer to that question! :-> (Of course the piping may be tunnelled not dug, I guess we will see.)

Come on now! You KNOW the answer to that question! :-> (Of course the piping may be tunnelled not dug, I guess we will see.)

That little section of Front must be one of the most heavily obstructed sections of the city. Between the subway, PATH connections, the Hydro corridor (main bridge between east/west networks), various standard utilities, significant fibre bundles out of 151 front (one of our main exchange points), and now Enwave.

That little section of Front must be one of the most heavily obstructed sections of the city. Between the subway, PATH connections, the Hydro corridor (main bridge between east/west networks), various standard utilities, significant fibre bundles out of 151 front (one of our main exchange points), and now Enwave.
Though I am sure there is lots of 'stuff' everywhere, their plan shows additional Enwave on Front Street EAST.

I don't know the answer - I thought the city had a 5-year prohibition from 2013 to 2018 that would stop such a project, unless it's tunnelled.

Back