Emerald Park Condos (Bazis International, Plaza, Metropia) - Real Estate

It's the way these guys are skimping and cutting corners to save money,... presale illustration have thick marble countertops and they deliver thin ones,... presale illustration has glass cupboards and they deliver wooden one,... presale illustration have long metal handes and they deliver short ones,.... presale illustration have 3 hanging light fixtures at kitchen centre table and they only deliver 2,... It seems like little things, but considering how much they charge for these "luxury" units,... arghhh!!!! It's like it's CrystalBlu all over again!

It's the way these guys are skimping and cutting corners to save money,... presale illustration have thick marble countertops and they deliver thin ones,... presale illustration has glass cupboards and they deliver wooden one,... presale illustration have long metal handes and they deliver short ones,.... presale illustration have 3 hanging light fixtures at kitchen centre table and they only deliver 2,... It seems like little things, but considering how much they charge for these "luxury" units,... arghhh!!!! It's like it's CrystalBlu all over again!

I wouldn't necessarily say they were skimping and/or cutting corners. I've purchased 3 pre-construction units (3 different developers) within the last 8 years and the standard finishes never are the same as what is displayed in renderings or in the model suite. Almost all renderings and model suites are decked out with the top upgrades and so it's ALWAYS a disappointment when you find out what the standard finishes actually are. Now, if this particular developer stated in the purchase agreement that everything you mentioned above is included in the unit, then that's a different story.

I wouldn't necessarily say they were skimping and/or cutting corners. I've purchased 3 pre-construction units (3 different developers) within the last 8 years and the standard finishes never are the same as what is displayed in renderings or in the model suite. Almost all renderings and model suites are decked out with the top upgrades and so it's ALWAYS a disappointment when you find out what the standard finishes actually are. Now, if this particular developer stated in the purchase agreement that everything you mentioned above is included in the unit, then that's a different story.

This relatively new developer, Bazis, had a history of cutting corners at their CrystalBlu development near Yonge&Bloor. EmeraldPark is really only their second project in Toronto and was supposed to be their flagship development,... bottom line, does the exterior and interior deliverables reflect the exterior and interior renderings?

All I have to do is look across Yonge Street at Tridel HullmarkCentre and sees the difference between what that developer delivers VS it's exterior and interior renderings,... Tridel HullmarkCentre project is bigger and more complex but yet they delivered exactly what they promised in the renderings,.... not perfect but the difference between deliverables on HullmarkCentre and EmeraldPark is quite large.

Attached is photo taken today. As you can see, shorter 32 storey west tower has mechanical room up and running (for about a month or 2 already), its the high ceiling lighted up floor near the top. Equipment in mechanical room provides ventilation, heat, AC, water to the building,.... bottom half of units look done except for south-east corner units which had construction elevator attached to them. Lobby is almost done, dry wall seems finished just need painting and trimmings,... bottom half looks ready to move in for January.

Taller 40 storey east tower's mechanical floor (near top with red beams) is mainly a cement shell with half of glass covering done,... will need at least another couple of months,.... bottom 10 residential floors seems done,.... lobby isn't even at drywall stage yet, mainly framing and outside of lobby is used as construction delivery-waste pickup staging area. Likely not ready for move-in by January,... probably March or April,... biggest thing now is getting mechanical floor complete so building would be habitable.

Attachments

• IMG_2205[1].JPG
    IMG_2205[1].JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 677
Last edited:
I have a unit in the east tower 20s range and recently got an email from TMG "proposing" an amendment to the occupancy date from January 19th to February 2nd 2015. The way they worded it seemed optional. In any case it seems like it could be February, not March/April.

Anyone has a date for 32-storey West Tower? Which floor? Curtain wall and mechanical room is done at least a month ago, got a good jump on interior but seems now they've putting more resources on interior of East Tower.

40 storey East Tower interior appears to has been advancing quickly,.... they seem to be doing framing, piping, wiring around mid-20s now. 15-20 seems to be where they're doing dry wall, painting, cabinet, trim, etc,... only based on observation like papers on unit window to check-off what needs to be done and what I can see in lighted units at night,...

4th floor amenity level seems done,... 1st floor retail and 3rd floor office - some have drywall and HVAC. 2nd floor retail is basically still a cement shell with some piping,...

occupancy dates

I have a unit in the east tower 20s range and recently got an email from TMG "proposing" an amendment to the occupancy date from January 19th to February 2nd 2015. The way they worded it seemed optional. In any case it seems like it could be February, not March/April.

I'm in a similar situation as you. I was trying to go back to previous letters to determine various occupancy dates that were communicated to owners - Aug 2014 (2013 letter) and Jan 2015 (2014 letter). I wonder if I missed any dates/letters in between?

Dianamints and others, as for specific occupancy dates communicated to owners, have there been 2 dates, or more?

Welcome to the world of Bazis developer and TMG builder.

Attached are some photos of EmeraldPark taken today around sunset from the westside. It mainly shows the shorter 32 storey west tower. As you can see near top mechanical room floor is all lit up as it has been for the last few months, I'm assuming all ventilation, heating and AC are in full working order - note: I've never seen smoke exhaust coming out the top which means they're not heating the building yet (north tower of Hullmark has condo folks moving into lower floors since last month and there's exhaust smoke coming from top of that building meaning that it's being heated)

Anyways, as you can see 32 storey West Tower, about floor 24 to 28 (including Aaro's 26 floor) is pretty well lit up now indicating that electrical, ductwork, plumbing, drywall, painting, ceiling and light fixtures are already installed. Likely in various stages of flooring, doors, tiles, bathroom, kitchen cabinets, trimming, etc,...

Note: Nobody has moved into any condo units in either tower yet, a lit unit only means that workers are currently or recently working on that unit and have left the light on. By looking at where the lit units are, you can estimate how they are progressing with interior work.

Most unlit units below these lit floors should be mostly done. Units on floors above these lit-up floors are should be in various early stages of electrical, ductwork, plumbing, drywall, painting, ceiling and light fixtures.

While most of west tower is covered with curtain wall windows, the southeast corner units on most floors still lack windows. Bottom 10 covered but rest not. These units were used as loading area for exterior construction elevator.

West Tower lobby seems to have drywall and most painting done (second last photo). Trimming not done. Lobby seem like it would be functional if opened next week.

As can be seen in background photos, 40 storey East Tower mechanical room floor (red beams on top half) is still not covered and incomplete. No ventilation, heating, Air conditioning until mechanical room is completed and lit up. Thus, East Tower won't be habitable until then,... likely around March.

East Tower units on floor 15-23 seems pretty well lit up now indicating that electrical, ductwork, plumbing, drywall, painting, ceiling and light fixtures are already installed. Likely in various stages of flooring, doors, tiles, bathroom, kitchen cabinets, trimming, etc,...

East Tower lobby isn't even close to completion still exposed framing and no drywall (last photo). Area still used as construction loading and garbage area. Technically, East Tower residents could use West Tower lobby and first floor walkway or 4th floor amenity floor to get to East Tower,... but East Tower mechanical room is nowhere near completion East Tower not habitable until mechanical room is completed,... truss still not covered,.. East Tower won't see residents until March or April at earliest. If you're still hoping for early February,.... well, you'll likely get notice from TMG in a week or so about another delay,...

Note: 3rd photo shows sunset against curves producing a rainbow of various shades of green, yellow and orange reflection off the curve.

Attachments

• IMG_2589[1].JPG
    IMG_2589[1].JPG
    1 MB · Views: 478
  • IMG_2591[1].JPG
    IMG_2591[1].JPG
    1,010.2 KB · Views: 469
  • IMG_2595[1].JPG
    IMG_2595[1].JPG
    1 MB · Views: 463
  • IMG_2606[1].JPG
    IMG_2606[1].JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 475
  • IMG_2610[1].JPG
    IMG_2610[1].JPG
    527.5 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_2631[1].JPG
    IMG_2631[1].JPG
    1 MB · Views: 467
  • IMG_2633[1].JPG
    IMG_2633[1].JPG
    645.2 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:
The colours of the sunset on these towers is very pretty.

It would have been a lot prettier if they had used thinner mullion and better quality glass, more reflective, sparkling and higher intensity of colours,... almost like a real emerald!

I walks around EmeraldPark site today, January 19th, and it's still all fenced off - except for retail stores on west end where sidewalk is done but still working on interior shell. All entrance to condo east tower and west tower along Beecroft are fenced off - lobbies and parking garages fenced off. I talked to worker and was informed nobody has moved in yet.

The shorter 32 storey west tower (which is further along than other tower) still not producing any smoke on top - meaning the building isn't even being heated yet.

The shorter 32 storey west tower (which is further along than east tower) now have smoke on top - meaning the building is being heated.

South-east corner of top half of west tower still needs to have windows installed - they were used for exterior construction elevator which was removed about 3 weeks ago.

Attachments

• IMG_2711[1].JPG
    IMG_2711[1].JPG
    910.9 KB · Views: 527
Last edited:
Please state which tower (32 storey WEST Tower or 40 storey EAST Tower) and floor your unit is on, thanks.

Last edited:

Back