Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Anyone here bought tower 2? Any news on when it will be done?

I bought a unit in tower 2 and back then I was told that the amenities in tower 2 and 3 will be shared where as the amenities in tower 1 will not be share with the other towers. Does any one know if that is still the case? The reason I ask this is because i went back to to sale centre recently and noticed that Tower 3 have their own amenities.

Tower 3 is targeting a summer completion, I believe June or July. From a purely un professional prospective, it appears as though towers 2 and 3 are progressing at roughly the same pace so I wouldn't be surprised if tower 2 completes in the summer as well. As far as the amenities are concerned, I purchased in tower 3 fairly recently and my documents state that amenities will be shared between tower 2 and 3. The sales centre is currently set up for sales of the Biyu which will have their own amenities so perhaps they were referring to that building. As far as I know they are still going to be shared.

I looked long and hard at Tridel's Trio at Atria project at Consumers Road. As a matter of fact, I bought a unit and backed out near the end of my 10 day cooling off. The decision for me was between Builder reputation and location. Tridel was the builder of choice in my mind, but in my opinion there was no comparison between the two locations. Especially now that the Sheppard LRT is delayed even further, so I opted to take a chance knowing very well I was taking a risk with a builder whose track record was not as proven as the likes of Tridel or Menkes. No regrets yet, but then again building three won't be ready for quite a while.

I think Emerald City is the better buy anyways. The location and convenience blows Atria out of the water.

I think Emerald City is the better buy anyways. The location and convenience blows Atria out of the water.

I do agree. I looked really hard at Monarch's Heron's Hill. Eventually, I decided to go for the Emerald City. Yes, there are plenty of defects here and there. For example, there are more than 30 scratches on the floor. I wish they would all be fixed but in reality it might not be the case.

I do thank UT members here as their posts prep me before the PDI. I know that I am not alone and many of my neighbours are facing similar issues.

I do agree. I looked really hard at Monarch's Heron's Hill. Eventually, I decided to go for the Emerald City. Yes, there are plenty of defects here and there. For example, there are more than 30 scratches on the floor. I wish they would all be fixed but in reality it might not be the case.

I do thank UT members here as their posts prep me before the PDI. I know that I am not alone and many of my neighbours are facing similar issues.

I looked at Heron Hill also. Again, had to go with location. They are not that far apart but man oh man...that walk over the 404 bridge to get to the subway, especially in the last couple of weeks is brutal. I have looked at some re sale units at Heron Hill as well, and honestly in terms of Build quality, I expected a bit more from Monarch as well.

Hey guys, I am slowly starting to move into the condo. Today my wife put in a load of laundry and it seemed to be working fine. Several minutes later to our horror water was spitting out from the back of the washing machine. We spent the next hour or two trying to dry all the water that had got into the closet, hallway, near the washroom and kitchen. Going to talk to Customer Care tomorrow. I don't think the machine was installed properly. Who is at fault? Geez..... so disappointing. =(

Techia, sorry to hear about your incident.

Definitely report to customer care, it is directly related to either incorrect installation or malfunction washing machine.

You can even send an email directly to Natalie. To my experience, she responds to customers queries in a pretty fast manner.

No idea, when using the garage remote control, the bigger door goes up. As a result I assume residents go in through the Bigger door, while the smaller door has an intercom so it is for Visitor to interact with the security and the resident. Weird and has no sign or direction when given the garage door opener.

Yeah makes sense. Button 2 on the fob opens the smaller door and I was under the impression everyone enters from the smaller door. The way the lane way designed on the larger door entrance/exit seems dangerous when I see cars flying out of the garage.

Monarch's a good builder, but Heron's Hill is just ugly to me. I don't think you'll have any regrets there.

Monarch's a good builder, but Heron's Hill is just ugly to me. I don't think you'll have any regrets there.

I agree that they are a good builder as well. I looked at a few re sale units recently and I see many of the same issues that have been raised here. Front doors with hardly any paint, loose laminate, patchy repairs on popcorn ceiling, doors not closing properly, signs of leaks around the windows. It became very clear that regardless of the builder there are still going to be issues. I guess what separates the good builders from the not so good ones is how these issues are resolved when they are identified.

LOL it comes to the point when a buyer actually gets whats advertised at a sales office of a condo project.Any other industry where you are shown a product and if the product isn't exactly as promised you get a refund or can sue but in real estate its a wild west as what the builders can get away with.

LOL it comes to the point when a buyer actually gets whats advertised at a sales office of a condo project.Any other industry where you are shown a product and if the product isn't exactly as promised you get a refund or can sue but in real estate its a wild west as what the builders can get away with.

Couldn't agree more.

We had our PDI yesterday, and I have to say, it was pretty disappointing. I wish we could just back out and move on to something else, since who knows when/if they'll repair all the problems.

I think the saddest thing of all is there's nothing to keep builders accountable. Tarion is a flat out joke. The building code needs to be improved and IMO isn't even enforced. There's no other industry that allows so much deception to buyers. The solution is simple, though. Don't buy new construction. If I was told I was getting 10ft ceilings and received 9. I'd lose my mind.

Does anyone have the pre-wiring for valence lighting under their kitchen cabinets?

In the contract, it says that pre-wiring is standard, yet during our PDI we noticed it wasn't there. We asked our PDI guy about it, and he said "no pre-wiring unless you paid". We checked the contract again, and it was listed as a standard feature that the pre-wiring would exist regardless of whether or not you want the lights and hook-up. We even remember when we went for the appointment to choose our finishes, and the lady told us that there's no real point to get the lights since the wiring will be there and we can hook it up to whichever lights we choose in the future.

Back