Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

i bought phase 2..does anyone know if there's sauna? When i asked the sales representative at the time of buying..she told me it does..but it is not indicated anywhere.

Also, I called Natalie and was told that my occupancy date will be end of July. Being a first time buyer, I really don't know the whole process.
What is going to happen next? I realize I would have to make an appointment to do the inspection. When will I get the keys?

In terms of payments, you have to make 20% deposit and when you make the last 5% deposit, can you pay the rest of the balance in whole to avoid 'rent fees' or 'occupancy fees'? When will you have to start contacting the lawyer to help me through this purchase?

I know I have so many questions, but can someone please help me thru? I would really appreciate it.

Last edited:
i bought phase 2..does anyone know if there's sauna? When i asked the sales representative at the time of buying..she told me it does..but it is not indicated anywhere.

Also, I called Natalie and was told that my occupancy date will be end of July. Being a first time buyer, I really don't know the whole process.
What is going to happen next? I realize I would have to make an appointment to do the inspection. When will I get the keys?

In terms of payments, you have to make 20% deposit and when you make the last 5% deposit, can you pay the rest of the balance in whole to avoid 'rent fees' or 'occupancy fees'? When will you have to start contacting the lawyer to help me through this purchase?

I know I have so many questions, but can someone please help me thru? I would really appreciate it.

With respect to your question on the Lawyer, I would have recommended that you had a lawyer review your offer before purchase. if you did not then I would recommend that you select a lawyer now, so that you can start a file and provide that information to the builder as well.

I asked what the point was too, but was only met with a lecture about how we needed to pay... bla bla bla. At a point we were told that the guy that puts in the tubes is not the same as the guy who wires, and some more lecturing about how we needed to pay for the actual lights to get the wiring in the tubes. We were told that there may be a chance that a "skilled electrician" might be able to install the wiring down the line if we wanted to hire one.

We emailed Natalie and while she told us she'd get back, she hasn't yet. I'm curious to see how this will pan out.

Mostly, I just hope the fix the giant 4-meter long indents across our floor. We have two that go allllllllllllllllllllll the way from our entrance to the end of our kitchen, likely from the dolly they used to bring in the fridge. Fun stuff.

Natalie told me that there is now wires. Only conduit to run wires. :(

I gotta check my sales agreement.

In Schedule B, under the KITCHEN subsection, it says as bullet point "Pre-wiring for optional valance lighting'. I think my Purchase Agreement is pretty standard. I need to go speak to them as well... great informative forum.

Did you speak to them database? What did they say?

I am trying to enter my 30 day tarion warranty online, but I couldn't get pass the warranty start date. The system keeps telling me "We need to record your Warranty Start Date. Please contact us for assistance.".

Anyone else facing the same issue?

Check and see if you can only use certain browsers; I haven't used their site for a while, but when I did, it would only work under certain conditions. I don't think technology is their strong point.

Check and see if you can only use certain browsers; I haven't used their site for a while, but when I did, it would only work under certain conditions. I don't think technology is their strong point.

Thank you so much PinkLucy!

I carefully examined all steps taken and found out that I selected the wrong type of home :p

Does anyone know if and when we will received our first utility bills - hydro/gas? I haven't even checked our temp mail boxes yet.

Natalie told me that there is now wires. Only conduit to run wires. :(

I gotta check my sales agreement.

That's not what the contract says, as Database also pointed out.

Also, I wouldn't trust customer care. I've been in there quite a few times, and they lie to customers like you wouldn't believe. Even lied to me, telling me that my kitchen island extension is "supposed to be only up to 9-11 inches", though in the contract it clearly states that the standard coutertop size is to be EXTENDED 12 INCHES. It's been nearly a month since I reported this problem to them, and they still haven't been able to tell me whether or not they will even bother fixing it. They just pretend they didn't know (despite it being addressed in the PDI, and through emails, and even an in-person visit to CC), and then say they'll "make a note of it and call next week".

If anyone has a standard island countertop and didn't get the extension, can you please post the width of it? I'd like to know what the standard is so that I can make sure they truly extend it by 12 inches, and don't just tell me a smaller standard so that it can look like it was extended.

Does anyone know if and when we will received our first utility bills - hydro/gas? I haven't even checked our temp mail boxes yet.

Hi Animatrix,

Yes you should've received your bills already. There's an initial setup fee. I recommend calling Toronto Hydro and telling them that you don't have access to mail yet, so they can wave your late charges. For me I missed two bills. :S

Hey Neighbours,

Has anyone else tried getting copies of their keys made? I went to a few places (Cdn Tire, Home Depot, Other lock smiths) and they didn't have the same blank keys available.
I emailed Natalie and they said that a locksmith comes every Thursday from 3-5pm to cut keys for $10 a piece but the time doesn't quite work for me and I don't want to leave my one key with security. I was wondering if anyone else has had any luck finding a locksmith to cut their keys.

Also, I requested to pay for an additional fob key and they denied me because they said only one fob key per parking spot. I guess I can only get an additional fob card. Has anyone tried getting extras?

Chances are they are keys that can only be duplicated by an approved locksmith. Lots of condos are doing that for security reasons. But they only gave you one key initially? That's unusual.

Chances are they are keys that can only be duplicated by an approved locksmith. Lots of condos are doing that for security reasons. But they only gave you one key initially? That's unusual.

I have two keys, but the other key is with my parents and they live far away.
How do we know who is an "approved" locksmith? One of the admin staff told me we could make copies anywhere, but since I haven't been able to find a place with the blank keys, I think you're right.

The approved locksmith is generally the one that the building hires to do the keys so my guess is it's the guy who's there on Thursdays. Do you have contact info for him? Maybe he can help you out directly.

That's not what the contract says, as Database also pointed out.

Also, I wouldn't trust customer care. I've been in there quite a few times, and they lie to customers like you wouldn't believe. Even lied to me, telling me that my kitchen island extension is "supposed to be only up to 9-11 inches", though in the contract it clearly states that the standard coutertop size is to be EXTENDED 12 INCHES. It's been nearly a month since I reported this problem to them, and they still haven't been able to tell me whether or not they will even bother fixing it. They just pretend they didn't know (despite it being addressed in the PDI, and through emails, and even an in-person visit to CC), and then say they'll "make a note of it and call next week".

If anyone has a standard island countertop and didn't get the extension, can you please post the width of it? I'd like to know what the standard is so that I can make sure they truly extend it by 12 inches, and don't just tell me a smaller standard so that it can look like it was extended.
I feel the same. I had reported quite a number of things to customer service but didn't get resolved. I had put them onto the 30-days form including "no pre-wiring for optional valance lighting". Will see.

Back