Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

You can check the repair they made by taking an incense stick (or cigarette if you are a smoker) and hold it over the problem area to test for leaks. What floor are you on ?

Thanks again Canchris7 - 4th floor - seems to be a floor with challenges :).

Looks to be OK today, but then - its a dry day and the sun shines in nicely.

Thanks again Canchris7 - 4th floor - seems to be a floor with challenges :).

Looks to be OK today, but then - its a dry day and the sun shines in nicely.

Checked this evening and there was no condensation on my windows. If it happens again, maybe turn your heat down a bit so the temperature difference between your unit and the outside is not as drastic.

Hi all,

Going to have my PDI this Friday. Besides the normal checklist, what other areas I should pay extra attention (i.e. windows)?

BTW, I am asked to prepare 12 post-dated cheques payable to the builder. Does it mean that I need to wait 12 months before closing?

Hi all,

Going to have my PDI this Friday. Besides the normal checklist, what other areas I should pay extra attention (i.e. windows)?

BTW, I am asked to prepare 12 post-dated cheques payable to the builder. Does it mean that I need to wait 12 months before closing?

Hi Probey,

no, closing is estimated to be sometime in June. This is just standard practice in case closing is delayed, as far as I know.

Hi Probey,

I did the PDI today. It took me more than one-hour. Thomas was very nice. He didn't rush me and gave us extra time to check different things out. I would say the standard checklist should be good enough. I would suggest to bring a flashlight as some areas were dark. Bring a roll of toilet paper and put some in before flashing the toilet. Also bring a small appliance to test the power outlets. I noticed quite a number of areas that would need touch-ups and several minor issues that would need some work. Generally, the unit is in move-in condition. This was my 1st time performing PDI without hiring a professional. Therefore, I brought a friend with me.

Pls arrive early. There are only a few visitor parking outside the main entrance and they were all occupied this afternoon. There are more visitor parking @ P1.

I met with quite a number of staff working there. They are nice and friendly.
Hi all,

My PDI is also this Friday. I wonder if all goes well we'll get our keys next week...

Also anyone know how long our swimming pool is? it looked like a good 25 meters from the pics? (keeping fingers crossed)

Last edited:
Hi Probey,

I did the PDI today. It took me more than one-hour. Thomas was very nice. He didn't rush me and gave us extra time to check different things out. I would say the standard checklist should be good enough. I would suggest to bring a flashlight as some areas were dark. Bring a roll of toilet paper and put some in before flashing the toilet. Also bring a small appliance to test the power outlets. I noticed quite a number of areas that would need touch-ups and several minor issues that would need some work. Generally, the unit is in move-in condition. This was my 1st time performing PDI without hiring a professional. Therefore, I brought a friend with me.

Pls arrive early. There are only a few visitor parking outside the main entrance and they were all occupied this afternoon. There are more visitor parking @ P1.

I met with quite a number of staff working there. They are nice and friendly.

That was a good idea to bring an appliance to check the electrical outlets to ensure they are working, however if a may make a suggestion. Instead of bringing an appliance perhaps it would be worth it to purchase and bring a small circuit tester. The only reason I suggest that to those who still have a PDI to complete ( and even those of you who have moved in ) is because the circuit tested can also test for a "bad ground". Most appliances will still operate even without a ground. The tester I have cost about $7.50.

Attachments

• circuit tester.jpg
    circuit tester.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 418
Honestly your phone chargers should be easy enough to bring when testing the electrical outlets.

They are easy enough to bring but phone chargers and other similar appliances will not tell you if the outlet has not been wired properly. Phone chargers and lights e.t.c will NOT tell you if you have a bad ground or if the ground is not connected at all.

They are easy enough to bring but phone chargers and other similar appliances will not tell you if the outlet has not been wired properly. Phone chargers and lights e.t.c will NOT tell you if you have a bad ground or if the ground is not connected at all.

I didn't know this. What will happen if an outlet is not grounded?

Also, what we need to do if we only found new issues after you submitted your 30 days form? Is it too late to notify Emerald and we have to wait until the 1 year form?
Or, we still can notify the builder via email?

You can check the repair they made by taking an incense stick (or cigarette if you are a smoker) and hold it over the problem area to test for leaks. What floor are you on ?

So if there is a leak and air from outside is coming in I should see the smoke is being blown away?
I noticed that my floor living room is always cold eventhough I set the temperature to 26-27. Also, I often notice water marks on the base board of the windows. Does it mean I have issue with the windows?

I didn't know this. What will happen if an outlet is not grounded?

Also, what we need to do if we only found new issues after you submitted your 30 days form? Is it too late to notify Emerald and we have to wait until the 1 year form?
Or, we still can notify the builder via email?

Grounding of outlets is intended to prevent the appliances that are plugged into them getting damaged and protecting the user. At least that's what I think its for. :) it probably has other uses as well. I am not familiar with the forms you refer to as I have not seen them yet.

So if there is a leak and air from outside is coming in I should see the smoke is being blown away?
I noticed that my floor living room is always cold eventhough I set the temperature to 26-27. Also, I often notice water marks on the base board of the windows. Does it mean I have issue with the windows?

In essence yes, it does not take much air movement to move the smoke so you should see the smoke being blown away if there is a leak. Floors are typically the coldest part of room because the hot air rises and its the last part of the room to get warm. Do the water marks look like they are old ? could be condensation from windows that is leaking.

In essence yes, it does not take much air movement to move the smoke so you should see the smoke being blown away if there is a leak. Floors are typically the coldest part of room because the hot air rises and its the last part of the room to get warm. Do the water marks look like they are old ? could be condensation from windows that is leaking.

It looks old and yellowish.

Back