Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

I found garbage left in floor hallway, and I was like :mad:

Such a pig! Sorry...but this is common sense. Why would you leave garbage in upper floor hallway? Why can't you drop it in the chute which located in the same floor?!! And for recycle, take it to the ground floor!

I found garbage left in floor hallway, and I was like :mad:

Such a pig! Sorry...but this is common sense. Why would you leave garbage in upper floor hallway? Why can't you drop it in the chute which located in the same floor?!! And for recycle, take it to the ground floor!

Yeah I saw that and agree with u. I also found ppl put their paper boxes inside the garbage room and they should have cut them in pieces and dump them in the chute...

Hello

Hi Everyone

I've followed this thread for years and have decided to contribute today. I bought an Orchid suite on the 13th floor and have moved almost everything now. This purchase and moving process has not been a smooth one and I share the same frustrations as many of you. But I'm trying to make the most out of disappointing outcome. I didn't realize that there was flooding in December until now, and I feel sorry for anyone affected by that.

These are my experiences so far:

Elevators are a pain to use, it seems only 2 have been working for a whole month. I can handle the exercise when taking stairs but not when boots are wet from the snow. I hear residents complaining about it everytime I'm on the ground floor. I also got stuck in the elevator a couple times and even heard some people say they were stuck for a whole hour!
Construction work of my suite was sloppy, from paint on on floor and electrical outlets to the ceiling not being level. There are other things that I will fill out in my Tarion warranty but unfortunately, mistakes like these are not worth complaining about.
Some residents are dirty, leaving their garbage in the parking area. I feel like this could get worse as more people move in.
Driving entrance is ridiculously crowded with cars parked anywhere they can find a spot. Clearly, the parking rules are not being enforced.

Security guys are pretty helpful though. Don't be hard on them because I know they're taking heat for things they cannot control.

Hi Everyone

I've followed this thread for years and have decided to contribute today. I bought an Orchid suite on the 13th floor and have moved almost everything now. This purchase and moving process has not been a smooth one and I share the same frustrations as many of you. But I'm trying to make the most out of disappointing outcome. I didn't realize that there was flooding in December until now, and I feel sorry for anyone affected by that.

These are my experiences so far:

Elevators are a pain to use, it seems only 2 have been working for a whole month. I can handle the exercise when taking stairs but not when boots are wet from the snow. I hear residents complaining about it everytime I'm on the ground floor. I also got stuck in the elevator a couple times and even heard some people say they were stuck for a whole hour!
Construction work of my suite was sloppy, from paint on on floor and electrical outlets to the ceiling not being level. There are other things that I will fill out in my Tarion warranty but unfortunately, mistakes like these are not worth complaining about.
Some residents are dirty, leaving their garbage in the parking area. I feel like this could get worse as more people move in.
Driving entrance is ridiculously crowded with cars parked anywhere they can find a spot. Clearly, the parking rules are not being enforced.

Security guys are pretty helpful though. Don't be hard on them because I know they're taking heat for things they cannot control.

Hey ElectroNick,

glad you finally decided to post! Sorry to hear that you're disappointed, it seems like a lot of people are.

The garbage situation is really annoying to me. It's one thing for the builder to be careless, but it's another thing for the residents to contribute to the problems. Perhaps there needs to be some sort of flyer distributed to tell people of the proper disposing methods (what to do with boxes, etc) and warn them that they will be fined. I hope that if there is a fine, it is substantial enough to make people think twice. I know if I see anyone littering and dumping their stuff like that, I'll happily report them. I believe in respect among neighbours- if a neighbour makes a bit of noise or has a party once in a while, I don't mind and wouldn't report them. But things that are so disrespectful (such as littering and being so careless) are not ok, and I think they should have 0 tolerance.

GRASSHOPPER...

I got your message but wasn't able to reply to you using the forum's PMs. I replied to your original email address- hope it makes its way through to you!

-A

Then you are in luck buddy. However, we are talking the standard here. They are not giving two netboxes for everybody.

Hey I've been lurking this thread and decided to post as well. I have a Mulberry unit and am slowly moving stuff in (I still have a place to live in currently, so I'm taking my time).

I just wanted to know more details about this Rogers/Bell internet/tv deals. Does anyone have the breakdown (what package, how much/month, what the GB limit per month is for internet) that they would like to share?

Thanks! Alvin

Hey I've been lurking this thread and decided to post as well. I have a Mulberry unit and am slowly moving stuff in (I still have a place to live in currently, so I'm taking my time).

I just wanted to know more details about this Rogers/Bell internet/tv deals. Does anyone have the breakdown (what package, how much/month, what the GB limit per month is for internet) that they would like to share?

Thanks! Alvin

Hi Alvin,

this is what our rep emailed us:

"As per Roger’s arrangement with your builder you are entitled to receive six months complementary services when you take occupancy of your new home. My name is Ali and I will be responsible for setting up your complimentary package in your unit as well as the dedicated customer service you deserve.
The package comes with 6 months free Cable TV, Digital VIP Ultimate with movies and NextBox HD PVR, High speed Internet, Extreme Plus/ 150 GB/45 Mbps, and Home Phone, 6 calling features/ 500 long distance minutes across US and Canada. There is No Contract and No Installation.."

We also got a pdf that specifies more. If you want, PM me your email address and I can forward it to you. Which floor are you on?

The garbage situation is starting to bug me a little bit, people keep leaving boxes around. im not talking appliance boxes.

Say - are there any other residents experiencing some air leaks on the front windows?

Service has been into my unit a number of times, but there is condensation on the inside of the windows, which they claim are being caused by leaving the blinds closed too much. Thanks for any confirmation that my unit is not the only one seeing this concern.

nmilner, I installed blinds on Saturday and they've been pulled closed since then. I'll check for condensation tonight and report back.

I cannot speak with regards to the actual window in your unit, and if it is defective, but condensation CAN form on the windows if blinds are left closed. The air gets trapped between the closed blind and the window. the amount of condensation will vary depending on how cold it is outside and how tightly the blinds close

Thanks very much for the feedback.

There was definitely an issue with my front window leaking air after taking possession - something not quite right with the weeping valve (or some such gobbledy gook), so they came to seal and repair it this week.

Hopefully the condensation will go away - the blinds are not really that tight, but it has been very cold recently.

Thanks very much for the feedback.

There was definitely an issue with my front window leaking air after taking possession - something not quite right with the weeping valve (or some such gobbledy gook), so they came to seal and repair it this week.

Hopefully the condensation will go away - the blinds are not really that tight, but it has been very cold recently.

You can check the repair they made by taking an incense stick (or cigarette if you are a smoker) and hold it over the problem area to test for leaks. What floor are you on ?

Back