Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Speaking of hydro...does anyone know when the first bill of hydro and electricity will be coming? I'm assuming we pick up at our new temporary mail boxes?

Good question Animatrix. Might be something we should follow-up with Customer Care. btw... has anyone changed their address on their driver licence yet? Apparently by law you need to change it soon after you move according to my insurance person. I tried online but the postal code wouldnt work. I ended up going to Service Ontario today and they had to do a override. Has anyone else had similar experience?

Speaking of hydro...does anyone know when the first bill of hydro and electricity will be coming? I'm assuming we pick up at our new temporary mail boxes?

You may want to give Hydro a call and find out when their billing cycle is for your particular building or unit, and whether or not your first bill will include any partial charges. For example lets say your billing cycle is the 30th of each month, they may tell you your first bill will be sent the end of February but will include partial charges for the period you moved in until January 30th. The same will apply for Cable, and I suspect phone as well. Hope that makes sense.

Perhaps talking to property management can help? Maybe they have a way to keep an eye out and talk or fine whoever keeps doing it. It's not even just a matter of how it looks (though that is important- it's a brand new condo and if people can't appreciate it now, how will it be later on?!), but also the gross pests in can attract. I know of places where this happened and the pests were extremely tough to get rid of. I would absolutely hate to be in such a situation because some people are lazy.

I have to ask, what exactly is the littering situation? We haven't moved in yet, so I've only heard that littering issues are happening through this forum.

My observation of the littering situation was posted on one or two pages before this page. I think providing a garbage can in the underground parking close to the elevator would help.

Where I'm living, if we can identify who leaves the garbage (or whose dog pees in the elevator) we charge back the unit. Security cameras can be your friend :)

This is going to be one of ways we can implement on our building. Thanks Pinklucy!

Good question Animatrix. Might be something we should follow-up with Customer Care. btw... has anyone changed their address on their driver licence yet? Apparently by law you need to change it soon after you move according to my insurance person. I tried online but the postal code wouldnt work. I ended up going to Service Ontario today and they had to do a override. Has anyone else had similar experience?

I tried to changed mine online yesterday and didn't work. Went to the office yesterday and they had to "override" the postal code as well

Did anyone get called by someone named Claudia Guzman from Rogers?

I think her number is 416-441-4480

I wonder if it's the exact same deal.

Why only Rogers? Bell also offering the exact same thing. Free Internet 50MBPS upload/50 mbps download (faster than what Rogers is offering), free home phone, and free Fibe TV (with the best package). Rogers does not offer the best package on their free promotion.
I am leaving Rogers and going to Bell. If you want Bell contact info, PM me.

Why only Rogers? Bell also offering the exact same thing. Free Internet 50MBPS upload/50 mbps download (faster than what Rogers is offering), free home phone, and free Fibe TV (with the best package). Rogers does not offer the best package on their free promotion.
I am leaving Rogers and going to Bell. If you want Bell contact info, PM me.

rogers offered me the best packages

Please share with us the best packages that you received

i no longer have the email, i have never used bell so i cant compare the two. but from what i remember it has all movie channels, hd, sports pvr etc for tv, home phone was stacked but i dont use and internet 150 gb usage per month and i speed tested already 49mbps..also the rogers tech told me it is all fiber optic. im a bell shareholder so i recommend bell :D

i no longer have the email, i have never used bell so i cant compare the two. but from what i remember it has all movie channels, hd, sports pvr etc for tv, home phone was stacked but i dont use and internet 150 gb usage per month and i speed tested already 49mbps..also the rogers tech told me it is all fiber optic. im a bell shareholder so i recommend bell :D

and how much you pay per month?

Did anyone get called by someone named Claudia Guzman from Rogers?

I think her number is 416-441-4480

I wonder if it's the exact same deal.

I actually talked to Claudia. I think Lucy and her work together. They both left me a voicemail because Lucy was sick when I called. I didnt ask very many questions after I found out I can cancel anytime if I call them a month in advance. I just know I got the second fastest internet (dunno what its called), phone line with .... six features, and vip something cable with two digital boxes.....

I actually talked to Claudia. I think Lucy and her work together. They both left me a voicemail because Lucy was sick when I called. I didnt ask very many questions after I found out I can cancel anytime if I call them a month in advance. I just know I got the second fastest internet (dunno what its called), phone line with .... six features, and vip something cable with two digital boxes.....

With Bell you get the top package Tv, Internet, and home phone plus free HDPVR. Rogers only offer the second grade internet and tv.

Any of you folks have any power outlets not working? Especially the one on the side of the kitchen counter with the light on. Does not work for me unless there's something I'm missing...

Back