Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Hi everyone,

I have my appointment to select colours and additions options next week. Just wondering what options everyone got. For the experts out there which options are good to get and which are not worth getting?

These were the options/prices I got from Pam who is the coordinator.

Upgrade package – worth about $5,000 & includes the following
Kitchen cabinets, countertop, backsplash
Bathroom floor tile and wall tile

Separate options
4 Stainless steel appliances – 1950.00 + taxes = 2203.50
Kitchen breakfast bar extension – 1 ft – 1400.00 + taxes = 1582.00
Additional cabinets on kitchen island – 1450.00 + taxes = 1638.50
Main bathroom vanity – 500 + taxes = 565.00
Ensuite bathroom vanity – 500 + taxes = 565.00
Pre-engineered hardwood or laminate in bedroom – 1600.00 + taxes = 1808.00
Kitchen valance lighting 700.00 + taxes = 791.00

Hi everyone,

I have my appointment to select colours and additions options next week. Just wondering what options everyone got. For the experts out there which options are good to get and which are not worth getting?

Separate options

My appointment hasn't been setup yet. Could you please take a few photos and share with me what's there in the studio? I went there on a Sat afternoon but couldn't get in. Could you please also check how the builder is going to assign the parking? Last time I heard, the parking spot would be assigned to us. Thanks!

Wasn't the latest projected completion date is June/July 2013? At least that's what I think I read in their last letter sent to me.
Do ppl from the top floors move in first and work their way down to the bottom floors? Or is it the other way I around?

Thanks for the update, Grasshopper.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it looks like they haven't finished building the underground/ground level???

I don't know how long it takes normally to build a storey. Maybe someone else knows?

If:

1 storey / week = 36 weeks/9 months to build 36 storeys = January 2013 (I don't think this is possible. I don't know how long is the average to build a storey)

1 storey / 2 weeks = 1 year and 4 months to build 36 storeys = May-Aug 2013

1 storey / month = 3 years to build 36 storeys = May 2015 (I think this one in unrealistic since the the latest date for them to provide occupancy is January 14, 21014 or they would have to pay delay compensation and people can choose to terminate their contract and get all their monies back plus interest plus delay occupancy compensation. They won't let this happen)

The only upgrade that IMO okay is the stainless steel upgrade. I know a guy from someone here that can install hardwood floor for $2.50/sqft and $2/sqft for engineered hardwood plus material. I think it is a great deal. You will save 50% of the price that the builder give you. Have you seen their kitchen valance lighting? It's not that nice.

Hi everyone,

Separate options

My appointment hasn't been setup yet. Could you please take a few photos and share with me what's there in the studio? I went there on a Sat afternoon but couldn't get in. Could you please also check how the builder is going to assign the parking? Last time I heard, the parking spot would be assigned to us. Thanks!

I would like to know this as well. I think for sure they will assign the parking lot. Everybody will fight for the best spot if we can choose.

Wasn't the latest projected completion date is June/July 2013? At least that's what I think I read in their last letter sent to me.
Do ppl from the top floors move in first and work their way down to the bottom floors? Or is it the other way I around?

Correct me if I am wrong. Usually it is always from the bottom to the top. The bottom always finish first.

My question is how long normally it takes to build one floor.

Yup, bottom floors got finished first. And ppl move in from the bottom to the top, at least for my frd's condo.

Went to his place last time, with the upper floors unfinished, and not reachable through elevator. We ended up reaching those floors using stairs, everything was unfinished except windows.

http://m.citynews.ca/news/203793/index.php#menu

A man has broken his leg after falling down an elevator shaft at a condo building that’s under construction in North York, police say.

Crews were still working to rescue him from the elevator shaft at 70 Forest Manor Rd. where the Emerald City Condominiums is located.

Initial reports say he’s been there for an hour after falling about nine metres.

hmmm......

http://m.citynews.ca/news/203793/index.php#menu

A man has broken his leg after falling down an elevator shaft at a condo building that’s under construction in North York, police say.

Crews were still working to rescue him from the elevator shaft at 70 Forest Manor Rd. where the Emerald City Condominiums is located.

Initial reports say he’s been there for an hour after falling about nine metres.

Hi everyone,

So I did have a chance to see the different finishes. It is quite limited. Only 3 packages to choose from and a upgrade package. The upgrade package you must take as a whole. You can't substitute.

I will probably take the design scheme for package C with the granite counter top from A. As for upgrades I may go for the stainless steel appliances. I think i'm going to decide on getting the preengineered hardwood later on. The price the builder is charging is quite high for just a master bedroom.

I did ask about the parking assignments and she told me that hasn't been finalized yet. Also it was interesting to note that I did ask her about completion date and they said they are aiming for Mid 2013 or early 2014....... I guess we'll see.

You are going with the stainless steel upgrage? Wouldn't you think it is expensive for the price they are charging for it? Why not getting the black/white one and sell them and use the money to buy the stainless steel one?

Hi everyone,

So I did have a chance to see the different finishes. It is quite limited. Only 3 packages to choose from and a upgrade package. The upgrade package you must take as a whole. You can't substitute.

I will probably take the design scheme for package C with the granite counter top from A. As for upgrades I may go for the stainless steel appliances. I think i'm going to decide on getting the preengineered hardwood later on. The price the builder is charging is quite high for just a master bedroom.

I did ask about the parking assignments and she told me that hasn't been finalized yet. Also it was interesting to note that I did ask her about completion date and they said they are aiming for Mid 2013 or early 2014....... I guess we'll see.

Thanks techia. I may go for package C with granite counter top from A. I am thinking about stainless steel appliances + pre-engineered hardwood in bedroom + kitchen valance lighting. A lot of money out of my pocket. I've been browsing magazines, it seems like most of the model homes now use stainless steel appliances with kitchen valance lighting.

Hi everyone,

Back