Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

I had my appointment and I chose package C with kitchen counter top from Package A and carpet from package B. I also chose black appliances. I didn't go with any upgrade at all. I was going to go with the kitchen valance lighting for $700, but I have a better idea.

Last edited:
Thanks newbuyer. My appointment is later this month. I went to IKEA to get some ideas and saw the LED light strips. Quite nice. I will not get the upgrade.
IMG_1441.jpg
IMG_1442.jpg

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/search/?query=LED+lights

Attachments

• IMG_1442.jpg
    IMG_1442.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1441.jpg
    IMG_1441.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 295
Grasshoper those LED lights are not quite the same as the one that is displayed in the Emerald's sales office, would you agree? They look bulky. The one in the sales office is just a thin strip of LED lights. You can find it in the Home Depot. You like the IKEA's one better?

Thanks newbuyer. You did well in research. I chose package C with kitchen counter top from Package A. I also chose black appliances. I didn't go for the kitchen valance lighting as the electrical wiring will be rough in.

Thanks newbuyer. You did well in research. I chose package C with kitchen counter top from Package A. I also chose black appliances. I didn't go for the kitchen valance lighting as the electrical wiring will be rough in.

Good move on the kitchen valance lighting, Grasshoper. Which carpet that you chose?

Orchid on the 35th

How is everyone doing? I finally got my colours - upgraded to stainless steel and bedroom floor same laminate as the rest of the unit. I was wondering if anyone is considering removing the "Popcorn" ceiling texture. I'm Gary on the 35th the Orchid Unit, Cheers neighbours.

Welcome Gary. Is there an option to upgrade to the smooth ceiling? I didn't ask. Well, I am ok with the popcorn ceiling.

Hi Grasshopper, Nope they don't offer an upgrade. which is unfortunate. However I'm thinking of doing it myself with a couple of friends.
It's a small unit so it shouldn't be that bad. but if a bunch of people are interested in getting their ceiling done, we can probably get a quote from a contractor. Maybe? :)

Hi Grasshopper, Nope they don't offer an upgrade. which is unfortunate. However I'm thinking of doing it myself with a couple of friends.
It's a small unit so it shouldn't be that bad. but if a bunch of people are interested in getting their ceiling done, we can probably get a quote from a contractor. Maybe? :)

I am interested to get rid of the popcorn ceiling. People say it can cost several thousand dollars to get rid of it which is pricey.

However if you go on youtube, there are "how to get rid off popcorn ceiling" videos, and they look pretty straight forward. I am scared of doing it myself though.

I'm interested of the idea of getting a bunch of people to get it done.....maybe we can get a special price.

Let me know if anything.

Hi Newbuyer,
Well it won't cost thousands of dollars I guess depending on the size of the unit. Mine is 547 I believe so I don't think it'll cost that much, however a contractor may not think it's worth their time to work on such as small space, so if there are a few peeps interested maybe they'll give us a good price.
I did think of doing it myself and a couple of friends, they make it look very easy on youtube, but it needs to be done even before i bring in any furniture, it's a messy messy job but could be done....

My unit is a little bit over 600 sq ft. The challenge is to find reputable contractor that is willing to do the job.

Does anyone know if closing has been delayed again? The last I heard was July 2013 but my aunt (who also bought) was told a later date. No one at the sales office or head office has been able to confirm anything for me! Very frustrating... they seem to not be able to return calls.

Back