Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

No, property management wouldn't know. It's up to each individual person to register with Hydro. If you did that, you either need to go pick up your mail or give them a call.

Hey thanks a lot! But I have another question. You need to know your account # in order to register, right? I think the issue is that people aren't able to get their bills in the mail. So, how do you find our what your own account # is? Would property management know this?

I called hydro today, they told me we still need to waif for two more weeks to get account number.

That's odd. When we moved in to our place, we were given info to set our hydro accounts ASAP -- I think showing the completed form was a requirement to even get the key! Who's paying the hydro in the meantime?

That's odd. When we moved in to our place, we were given info to set our hydro accounts ASAP -- I think showing the completed form was a requirement to even get the key! Who's paying the hydro in the meantime?

I suspect that they will take their time setting up their accounts and then send their first bill that will include all costs incurred from the Occupancy date.

Thanks for the pointer. I manage to contact Hydro over the phone and set up my e-bill payment. The customer service people there may not the friendliest (she actually screamed at me when I was confused about my move in date and postal code, oh my goodness, I guess there is no room for error as their client...), but luckily I got things resolved.

Now moving on, I have to start thinking about what to do with internet service. I have just set up a 6 month for free deal with Rogers last weekend. Now I am a bit worried on when we can actually invite third party service provider coming in. From people who posted here in the past, it seems like the wait will be over by the end of this year?

Thanks for the pointer. I manage to contact Hydro over the phone and set up my e-bill payment. The customer service people there may not the friendliest (she actually screamed at me when I was confused about my move in date and postal code, oh my goodness, I guess there is no room for error as their client...), but luckily I got things resolved.

Now moving on, I have to start thinking about what to do with internet service. I have just set up a 6 month for free deal with Rogers last weekend. Now I am a bit worried on when we can actually invite third party service provider coming in. From people who posted here in the past, it seems like the wait will be over by the end of this year?

I called Toronto Hydro today, and they said they couldn't find my account. And in fact couldn't find any accounts for the address of 62 Forest Manor road.

Since our windows are so tall, I ended up getting customized roller blinds through my friend's referral. I can PM you the company if you'd like. I checked Home Depot, Walmart etc. and there's nothing that you can buy off the shelf. For my room, I got black out curtains from Bouclair but it's not quite as "black out" as my blinds. The good thing is that it is way cheaper.

What size curtains did you get from bouclair? My room's window is around 51-52 inch wide and 115in living room..
Know anywhere that does custom curtains for a reasonable price?

What size curtains did you get from bouclair? My room's window is around 51-52 inch wide and 115in living room..

I ended up calling this guy named Lawrence @ 416-887-0436. Gave me a really good price and I think he's done a pretty good job with the curtains. He's apparently been doing a lot of the units in the Emerald City complex already.

Hey Ayau,

I think I got this one that's 96" long..............[137cm(w) x 244cm(l) / 53.9"(w) x 96"(l)]

http://www.bouclair.com/10937-Azuki-Collection-Blackout-Curtain-Length-96-.aspx

Just make sure when you buy curtains from Bouclair, look at the SKU number to make sure they're the same. I noticed slight differences in colour between different panels.
They had a promo when I bought it, so you might want to wait for a sale.

Winners and Home Sense might have some nice curtains too.
For custom stuff, someone suggested Blinds to Go, or Home Depot.... I went with a smaller company that my friend referred me to. You'll notice that as you move in, lots of these window furnishing vendors will leave brochures and pamphlets at your doors.

Hope that helps!

Hey Ayau,

I think I got this one that's 96" long..............[137cm(w) x 244cm(l) / 53.9"(w) x 96"(l)]

http://www.bouclair.com/10937-Azuki-Collection-Blackout-Curtain-Length-96-.aspx

Just make sure when you buy curtains from Bouclair, look at the SKU number to make sure they're the same. I noticed slight differences in colour between different panels.
They had a promo when I bought it, so you might want to wait for a sale.

Winners and Home Sense might have some nice curtains too.
For custom stuff, someone suggested Blinds to Go, or Home Depot.... I went with a smaller company that my friend referred me to. You'll notice that as you move in, lots of these window furnishing vendors will leave brochures and pamphlets at your doors.

Hope that helps!

Did the length cover all the way to the bottom of the window?
I measured the ceiling to bottom of the window and it was approx 102.5 inches and then there is another 5 inches from that to the ground. Does the curtain rod offset it so 96 inch curtains will reach the bottom?

I'm new to all of this..

You're right... I didn't think about that until I looked at my windows.
My room's ceiling is about 8' tall, but my windows are the same height as yours. There is about 2" above and below the curtains, so a bit of light comes through. However since the ceiling is lower than the top of my windows, most of the light is blocked out.

Did the length cover all the way to the bottom of the window?
I measured the ceiling to bottom of the window and it was approx 102.5 inches and then there is another 5 inches from that to the ground. Does the curtain rod offset it so 96 inch curtains will reach the bottom?

I'm new to all of this..

Anyone has experience filling those Tarion 30-day forms yet? Is it just done purely online? Or do we hand something in to the Emerald City customer service people?

Anyone has experience filling those Tarion 30-day forms yet? Is it just done purely online? Or do we hand something in to the Emerald City customer service people?

We completed the online form and then dropped of a copy to customer service. Make sure you have it completed a couple days before the deadline just in case there are glitches with the system.

Back