Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

Seeing these photos and many of the others has left me stunned. I don't know how any tradesperson could walk away and just leave things like that. If the builders consider this quality to be acceptable, I would also worry about the things you cannot see.

I feel sorry for anyone who is going through grief due to such blatant disregard and incompetence. It has also resolved me to never buy a pre-build condo, and especially never buy anything associated with the group that built this project. Best of luck to everyone who has to fight for what should have been delivered in the first place, I hope your issues get resolved.

I guess how the builder responds to getting issues like this resolved will determine how they view deficiencies such as these. I cannot imagine any builder that would consider this acceptable. My PDI is next week.

I guess how the builder responds to getting issues like this resolved will determine how they view deficiencies such as these. I cannot imagine any builder that would consider this acceptable. My PDI is next week.

Good luck with all your PDIs. Best advice is to take plenty of pictures and mark down all defects on your 30 day warranty form. We had a lot of issues with our unit as well but over time most of the issues were resolved. Make sure you check all your appliances and dryer, washer is working early as well as you want to get those fixed before you move in.

Neat ... I guess this will take care of the lawsuit ...

By the way, do you have a link to the other Emerald City forum? I can't seem to find it.

I heard from a source that the board will reject this proposal as it means adding to our maintenance fees and to be honest it's quite a ridiculous cost for 15-20 steps to the subway entrance.

Anyone in Phase I notice that there's no hot water at night? I tend to shower at night and the water coming from my shower is lukewarm at best, never hot. This is in contrast to the morning.

Anyone in Phase I notice that there's no hot water at night? I tend to shower at night and the water coming from my shower is lukewarm at best, never hot. This is in contrast to the morning.

Yes I have the same problem @ 8th floor, what floor are u at ? May be we should report to the board.

Hi phase 1 neighbours,
My 6-month free internet/cable/land line will end soon. I only need internet. Here are the prices quoted by Rogers today:
Hybrid Fibre 30 070GB: $58.74 including tax
Hybrid Fibre 30 270GB: $58.74 including tax
Hybrid Fibre 60 120GB: $58.60 including tax
Please let me know if you get better price as I could call Rogers again OR switch to BELL. Thanks!

PDI completed today in Tower 3, 32 items noted but mostly small cosmetic type items. I don't see any issues in getting these resolved. I was expecting the worst based on some of the stories I heard but was pleasantly surprised. I think my biggest disappointment was spending money on the under cabinet lighting upgrade.

PDI completed today in Tower 3, 32 items noted but mostly small cosmetic type items. I don't see any issues in getting these resolved. I was expecting the worst based on some of the stories I heard but was pleasantly surprised. I think my biggest disappointment was spending money on the under cabinet lighting upgrade.

Hey Canchris do you mind listing the 32 items just so I know what to look for..
I also spent extra on the under cabinet lighting because from what I read earlier in this forum the connection is not roughed in and it would be tough to get someone to run it afterwards. Did you do any other upgrades ?

Hey Canchris do you mind listing the 32 items just so I know what to look for..
I also spent extra on the under cabinet lighting because from what I read earlier in this forum the connection is not roughed in and it would be tough to get someone to run it afterwards. Did you do any other upgrades ?

The only other upgrade I went for was the mirror sliding doors in the master and the foyer. As far as the PDI, I won't list them all but it was things like openings in ceiling around sprinkler heads, Sliding doors not properly aligned, bathroom exhaust vent cover not seating properly, poorly laid carpet in master, chips and imperfections in kitchen island, and cosmetic issues in the wall finishing. Fridge has to be replaced as well because of scratches on the face. All in all it was better than I expected based on what I read. They also seemed to correct the issues with the plumbing that some people complained space much more useable

Does anyone know if Teksavvy will ever get to service all 3 phases?
From what I understand, Teksavvy runs off of Rogers... so if you wanted to switch, just call them and let them know... they don't even have to disconnect your line - so no interruption during the switch.
But you have to call them and let them know before calling Rogers..

The only other upgrade I went for was the mirror sliding doors in the master and the foyer. As far as the PDI, I won't list them all but it was things like openings in ceiling around sprinkler heads, Sliding doors not properly aligned, bathroom exhaust vent cover not seating properly, poorly laid carpet in master, chips and imperfections in kitchen island, and cosmetic issues in the wall finishing. Fridge has to be replaced as well because of scratches on the face. All in all it was better than I expected based on what I read. They also seemed to correct the issues with the plumbing that some people complained space much more useable

My experience was more or less the same. Also, they need to replace my kitchen countertop, as it wasn't the granite that was supposed to be there.

Back