Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

I read an article last week in which someone sold their home within the first five years of ownership because they could not afford it. The bank wanted a $13 000 dollar penalty to get out early. I am only mentioning this because while rates are certainly very important, don't forget to check the fine print and consider all costs as well as potential costs. 1.99 is certainly very attractive though.

Well... it is true that Investor's Group has a reputation for luring people in with some attractive deal, only to saddle them with tons of administrative fees, management fees, and super-restrictive penalties that prevents clients from opting out. I don't think I'd ever sign up with Investor's Group. But I am hoping that the other big banks will react to this and lower their own respective mortgage rates in order to compete.

I can't find any documentation to state this specifically ... But I recall getting the impression from the salesperson, that there would be some sort of garage access for Phase 3 off of George Henry Blvd (that little side street off of Don Mills). I remember pointing at the scale-model of Emerald City in the sales office and asking about this.

If someone plans to drive by the condo sometime, maybe that person could check if there's anything off of George Henry Blvd that look like garage access?

That scan was from the thick disclosure book that I received.

The underground parking garage will definitely be shared with the other phases.

I am certain that there will be additional ramps to the parking garage because you can see that there are other access doors in the fenced off areas of the parking garage. I expect that those access doors will be for access to the residential parking from the other ramps. You can see one of those doors in P3, where my parking spot is located.

Actually, I was assuming the ramp would be shared because I don't see any other entrances for the parking lot. The parking lot is so huge, don't you think it's shared?
I'm not saying anything about the zoning law. Im just saying it may be too steep.

Thanks, that's good to know. I hadn't seen any, so it was my wrong assumption that the entrance was shared.... Sorry guys.
Regardless of how many entrances there are, I still think it's too steep and limits visibility near the top. There is enough traffic now from just Tower 1 that could cause accidents.

I am certain that there will be additional ramps to the parking garage because you can see that there are other access doors in the fenced off areas of the parking garage. I expect that those access doors will be for access to the residential parking from the other ramps. You can see one of those doors in P3, where my parking spot is located.

I hate that ramp. Also, I noticed that last week they were closing half of the ramp in the mornings. Does anyone know why they were doing that? Was it because of some construction activities?

They just had 2-3 pylons blocking off half the ramp, and a security guard standing in front of them. Haven't seen that happen this week though.

Thanks, that's good to know. I hadn't seen any, so it was my wrong assumption that the entrance was shared.... Sorry guys.
Regardless of how many entrances there are, I still think it's too steep and limits visibility near the top. There is enough traffic now from just Tower 1 that could cause accidents.

Do people in this building pay for heat and ac ?? is it included or does that fall under hydro?

Typically, the costs associated with the main units such as chillers (usually located on the roof) that supply the heat and cooling to the fan coil heating units, that are in each individual condo unit , are covered under the maintenance fees, however the hydro used to run the individual units within each condo would be part of each units individual hydro bill.

Typically, the costs associated with the main units such as chillers (usually located on the roof) that supply the heat and cooling to the fan coil heating units, that are in each individual condo unit , are covered under the maintenance fees, however the hydro used to run the individual units within each condo would be part of each units individual hydro bill.

thank you, any idea how much this is?? costly.

It depends on the size of your unit and how much hydro you use. If you run the a/c full tilt, it's going to cost more; if your tv runs 24/7, that gets pricey. And there's time of use to consider -- hydro rates are more during the day than they are in the evening.

There is one additional set of entrance/exit doors that you can use to enter the garage on George Henry Blvd between tower 2 and tower 3. Those will be the two sets of doors that will be used to access the parking spots.

Any body has problem with AC , keep blowing out warm air even you set to cool ? and have superintendent reset the thermostat already / reprogram it...

Lots of people according to the concierge. I am having the same issue. You need to fill out the service request form at the lobby.

Did anyone notice that they are giving new look to the ugly apartment on the east side of the building? They have been installing stucco panels.

Lots of people according to the concierge. I am having the same issue. You need to fill out the service request form at the lobby.

Did anyone notice that they are giving new look to the ugly apartment on the east side of the building? They have been installing stucco panels.

I believe that some condos have a set date in the year that they turn on the chillers and a date that they turn them off, Could that be the case that the chillers are not turned on yet ? Although if it were I suspect the super would have known that.

I believe that some condos have a set date in the year that they turn on the chillers and a date that they turn them off, Could that be the case that the chillers are not turned on yet ? Although if it were I suspect the super would have known that.

There is notice in the condo that it has been turned on already.

Back