Emerald City Condos (ELAD Canada) - Real Estate -

I was thinking the same thing.

so Ancea, do you know if there is any other fee that we need to pay other than the hydro and "rent" when me move in?

I remember there is something on the agreement regarding capping fees for hydro meter installation or something?

so Ancea, do you know if there is any other fee that we need to pay other than the hydro and "rent" when me move in?

I remember there is something on the agreement regarding capping fees for hydro meter installation or something?

Hey Newbuyer,

Actually, I don't remember, but it's been on my mind as well since you've asked. I was just now scanning through the contract to see if anything jogs my memory.

Its all in the contract if you have a look.... says it all there. Regardless what we say here you should read your contract if you want to be 100% sure.

Occupancy fees include interest calculated on a monthly basis on the unpaid balance of the purchase price, a reasonable estimate on a monthly basis of municipal taxes attributed to the unit, and a projected monthly common expenses contribution for the unit. The vendor also reserves the right to charge taxes applicable only to the land to the purchaser.

Again to be 100% certain read your contract.

Its all in the contract if you have a look.... says it all there. Regardless what we say here you should read your contract if you want to be 100% sure.

Occupancy fees include interest calculated on a monthly basis on the unpaid balance of the purchase price, a reasonable estimate on a monthly basis of municipal taxes attributed to the unit, and a projected monthly common expenses contribution for the unit. The vendor also reserves the right to charge taxes applicable only to the land to the purchaser.

Again to be 100% certain read your contract.

I wish they had included a rough calculation of what they'd anticipate it to be, similar to how they did that for the regular maintenance fee towards the end of the contract booklet.

Right. So other than hydro and rent fee? Is there any other fees?

El-Ad is our developer. I take that you did not buy in on this condo.
Sorry, no I didn't; I thought it was a Plaza development -- I'm generally interested in their work :) (and they also have an Emerald development)

That said, I've been through the process of buying pre-con, going through registration, setting up the board, etc. etc.

Hey Newbuyer,

Actually, I don't remember, but it's been on my mind as well since you've asked. I was just now scanning through the contract to see if anything jogs my memory.

It's on section 16. That's the fees are. I got my lawyer to capped the fees. Section 16(a) mentions things such as cost of hydro, water meter installation. However, on the PDI documents it says that Toronto Hydro provide and install one suite meter per suite at no cost to the suite owner which is great. On my PDI package, there is a memo that says premium parking space is available to purchase.

It's on section 16. That's the fees are. I got my lawyer to capped the fees. Section 16(a) mentions things such as cost of hydro, water meter installation. However, on the PDI documents it says that Toronto Hydro provide and install one suite meter per suite at no cost to the suite owner which is great. On my PDI package, there is a memo that says premium parking space is available to purchase.

Great info, NEwbuyer!

Do you happen to know what they classify as "premium parking" and what the additional cost is?

Hi Ancea, it says the parking space is bigger to accomodate bigger vehicle. I don't know the extra cost since I am not that really interested. It says to contact sales office. It depends how much bigger it is, but it might not add value to your condo.

Hi Ancea, it says the parking space is bigger to accomodate bigger vehicle. I don't know the extra cost since I am not that really interested. It says to contact sales office. It depends how much bigger it is, but it might not add value to your condo.

Yea, I guess that's good for those who have really big cars though!

Back