Ellie Condos (G Group) - Real Estate -

@luxome. I droppped off the claim form to the traion about 2 weeks ago, No news yet.
Will post the update.

Vendor’s Lawyer:
Solicitor on File Michael C. VOLPATTI
(main contact: HEATHER STORE)

TEL: 905 760 2600

She was pretty useless. She won't speak to anyone who is not represented by a Lawyer. They are working on releasing deposit refunds to those represented by lawyer.

Pretty ridiculous that we have to hire lawyers to get our money back! Stupid makes absolutely no sense. It's just their way of stalling the refund so they can have large amount of money sitting in their trust account earning interest (say, 1% on over $5mil?).

So i've submitted my claim to Tarion as well....apparently very few people have come forward to claim their deposits... I guess a lot of people have forgotten all about their money or just hoping for some miracle to happen with this project.

So i've submitted my claim to Tarion as well....apparently very few people have come forward to claim their deposits... I guess a lot of people have forgotten all about their money or just hoping for some miracle to happen with this project.

I took this picture last week at the site. It seems like this is going to be the new developer "Group Development Corp" (btw, sounds like another first time builder)
I should say I am as frustrated as you are, I want to get my deposit back ASAP.
In my opinion, the previous developer, centrust, might have arranged some sort of a deal with the new developer to incentivize some units to the previous buyers, aka us. Based on that assumption, they are delaying deposit returns so that the new developer can approach previous buyers and would not lose its "potential" sales . So before we see any progress with the new project, we are less likely to get our deposits back. Again, I am tired of waiting, this is beyond ridiculous; but don't know what do at this point. Also, as far as I know Tarion can recover maximum $20,000 of deposits and not the full amount.

cent.jpg

Attachments

• cent.jpg
    cent.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 2,060
5220 Yonge St
TorontoOntarioM2N5P6
Sold:$20,000,000.00 For Sale
List:$1.00 For Sale
TorontoToronto C07Willowdale West103-20-D% List:Freestanding:SPIS:NLast Status:SldSold Area:1.27AcresTaxes:$338,189.00 / 2012 / AnnualLegal:part Of Lots 1 And 2 Plan 3429*See Extras*DOM:74
Land
Designated
Residential
Lease Term:/
Holdover:90
SPIS:N
Franchise:
Occup:VacantPossession:Immediate
MLS#:C2714446PIN#:ARN#:190807224502600Seller:Romspen Investment Corporation (Under Power Of Sale)

Client Remks:premium Mixed-Use Development Site In North York Centre Under Power Of Sale. Steps To Subway Station And North York Civic Centre. Total Land Assembly Of Approx. 1.6 Acres (Including An Agreement To Purchase City's Land Of 0.34 Acre At Additional Cost) The Entire Land Assembly Has Been Approved For An Approx. 419,000 Sf Mixed-Use Development Containing Residential Condominium, Hotel And Retail Components. No Asking Price; Contact Listing Agent For Details.
Extras:*Full Address: Part Of 5220, 5222, 5246, 5250-5254 Yonge Street, Toronto. Ontario *Legal Description:*Part Of Lots 1&2 Plan 3603; Part Of Lot 18 Conc 1, West Of Yonge, City Of Toronto*
Brkage Remks:please Contact Listing Agent For Vendor's Form Of Offer
Mortgage Comments:
List:COLLIERS MACAULAY NICOLLS (ONTARIO) INC., BROKERAGE416-777-2200Fax:416-777-2277
STEPHEN T.C. HO, Broker416-643-3478
Co-Op:COLLIERS MACAULAY NICOLLS (ONTARIO) INC., BROKERAGEStephen T.C. Ho, Broker
Contract Date:8/12/2013
Expiry Date:11/11/2013
Last Update:10/28/2013
Sold Date:10/25/2013
Closing Date:10/25/2013

Thanks for the update! I don't know if I should continue to feel upset or feel excited!? Guizzetti are related to Empire Communities, so i'm sure it's not in their best interest for this project to fail - to ruin the family name.

Hopefully all Buyers will be contacted directly as to what's the Guizzetti Group intends on doing...

Does anyone have a more clear picture of the Notice Board? Any details mentioned in the notice board of the towers/project?

Last edited:
@luxome. I droppped off the claim form to the traion about 2 weeks ago, No news yet.
Will post the update.

anything new? I haven't received or heard anything since my Tarion claim...called the new builder G Group and they said they have nothing to do with the deposits paid to previous builder - it'll be an entirely new project.

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this. I too received a letter and am unable to have my deposit returned. I have been advised my deposit was issued to the Law Firm of Meerai. Has anyone had any communication with this law firm? Has anyone had there deposits returned?

Hi Everyone,

I am new to this. I too received a letter and am unable to have my deposit returned. I have been advised my deposit was issued to the Law Firm of Meerai. Has anyone had any communication with this law firm? Has anyone had there deposits returned?

I did not have any deposits return yet. Also which law firm are you talk about?
Thank you for your adviced.

Hi, I just find this thread today. I have the same problem. I never got any email or letters from them. How am I supposed to do? really upset.

The deposit cheques were made to the law firm of Meerai Cho. Has anyone had their deposits return?

Just got the refund today , it takes me 5 weeks to get it....all you need to do are as follow:

I call my lawyer and he sent a letter to their law firm( attn:HEATHER STORE) request the refund of the deposit , a week later we signed the paper from their law firm and 4 weeks later ( Today) we get the cheque.....finally after 4 years and 9 months , we have our money back....

Just got the refund today , it takes me 5 weeks to get it....all you need to do are as follow:

I call my lawyer and he sent a letter to their law firm( attn:HEATHER STORE) request the refund of the deposit , a week later we signed the paper from their law firm and 4 weeks later ( Today) we get the cheque.....finally after 4 years and 9 months , we have our money back....

Congratulation!

For my case, all I have is a letter from them asking us to wait for them to arrange for refund. But after waiting for the whole month I dont hear any further notices. I don't have a lawyer. And I would rather not paying someone to write the letter for me if I can do it myself. Thus I may want to give it a try and send the letter to them requesting the refund. Would you mind providing the name of their law firm? I just want to see if it is the same one who wrote to me.

Thanks,

Well ,they are only dealing with lawyer , My lawyer charge me $ 200 for all the letters ( he gives us a good deal on it) ...... they are a big law firm which did a lot of real estate stuffs , actually I call them 5 weeks ago and they said that they are start dealing with the refund and told me our lawyer should sent them the request with all the paper work ( sale agreement) and yes they never reply our lawyer whether they get our letter or not, but one week later , they send in all the paper work and we signed it right away they next day.....then no word again for 4 weeks and suddenly the cheque show up from my lawyer office today......I forgot the name of the law firm since I don't have all the paper in front of me , but one of the user in this forum provided the name which is the girl I did talk to......you should get a lawyer to do this , well worth the amount of money your are chasing...Good Luck!

Vendor’s Lawyer:
Solicitor on File Michael C. VOLPATTI
(main contact: HEATHER STORE)

TEL: 905 760 2600

Back