News   Apr 26, 2024
 681     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 240     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 718     0 

Eglinton East LRT | Metrolinx

What's line 2 in this pic? Sheppard east? I thought it was supposed to end at McCown n Sheppard
It is. The city is considering an option where the Scarborough-Malvern line (Line 7) has a branch along Sheppard to Sheppard East station.

1661876252467.png

It is. The city is considering an option where the Scarborough-Malvern line (Line 7) has a branch along Sheppard to Sheppard East station.

View attachment 423929

Good, this is all the rapid service Scarborough needs. Sheppard east, and Eglinton east,

Ppl in Scarborough need an option to get across the city northern access points. Bloor n Danforth along with Eglinton crosstown supply the southern Access

What eastern extension?

As discussed earlier, the plans to extend this line further east have been cancelled, in favour of a completely separate surface LRT - which TTC is currently calling Line 7.

View attachment 423928

Yeah, that's sort of the issue isn't it?
I'm saying that if it were elevated there would be a shot of actually having a complete Eglington line, and not a disjointed service.

Yeah, that's sort of the issue isn't it?
I'm saying that if it were elevated there would be a shot of actually having a complete Eglington line, and not a disjointed service.
How so? It's already underground at Kennedy. I'm not sure how making it above ground instead of at surface makes it easier to connect.

I’ve gotta say that I really don’t like the incompatibility with the central crosstown they’re proposing now.

In the real world it seems like the best service pattern would probably be turning crosstown trains at Kennedy and Scarborough ones at Don Mills with significant numbers of crosstown trains short turning at Don Mills.

as much as i would love to see a connected line, because of how the SSE is built, it basically blocks the tunnels of the current crosstown.

blame the lack of foresight that were stuck with this

How is that related to "if it elevated there would be a shot of actually having a complete Eglington line, and not a disjointed service."

How often do you ride on "Eglington" (sic)?

Tunnel underground through Etobicoke but insist on a linear transfer between two "distinct services" and build more gloried streetcar in Scarborough.
I wonder if this has anything to do with who lives in the former...

Tunnel underground through Etobicoke but insist on a linear transfer between two "distinct services" and build more gloried streetcar in Scarborough.
I wonder if this has anything to do with who lives in the former...
The west extension needed to be grade-separated from the start, considering it's supposed to connect with service to Pearson Airport and into Mississauga, not just fading out into suburbia like Eglinton East. Is it tunnelled for too long? Probably, yes. But the two ends of Eglinton aren't all that similar.

I'm personally not convinced that the majority of people heading westbound on this route would be going further down Eglinton instead of onto Line 2 or Stouffville GO.

I'd like to remind everyone, that the Sheppard extension is on the books as a Metrolinx led project, and not a City of Toronto led one. Of course that could always change again, especially since our current mayor likes to volunteer to pay for things that he has no plan with regards to how he'll pay for it.

Essentially this means, the extension is technically on the books as a subway and not LRT at the moment.

as much as i would love to see a connected line, because of how the SSE is built, it basically blocks the tunnels of the current crosstown.

blame the lack of foresight that were stuck with this

Yep .. they knew that EELRT is on the books, they even kind of took those plans into account. And yet, they managed to make that connection difficult (if not impossible).

I'd like to remind everyone, that the Sheppard extension is on the books as a Metrolinx led project, and not a City of Toronto led one. Of course that could always change again, especially since our current mayor likes to volunteer to pay for things that he has no plan with regards to how he'll pay for it.

Essentially this means, the extension is technically on the books as a subway and not LRT at the moment.
The subway extension is, by all indication, west of McCowan.

How so? It's already underground at Kennedy. I'm not sure how making it above ground instead of at surface makes it easier to connect.
I interpreted this to mean that had the eastern segment of Line 5 been elevated, that a continuous line 5 would have been possible, perhaps as a metro-like service. When Scarbs shot down the elevated SRT replacement, I think that this idea faded away with it.

Back