News   Mar 28, 2024
 453     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 307     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 328     0 

Edge Lofts Condos (Streetcar Development) - Real Estate -

Does anyone have experience with parking/locker combos? I got one but can't really visualize how those work. Is there enough room to store a bike? Can you access the locker with a car in the parking spot? I would like to rent out the parking spot, but would like to use the locker and am wondering if that's feasible.

I'd think your sales contract would mention the size of the locker you purchased. if your locker is right in front of your parking spot, then it would be your responsibility to leave enough room between the car and the locker to allow access.

You have to admit, though, that the sales reps that are posting in this forum are getting more sophisticated. It's become a good-cop/bad-cop routine now. One posts mildly negative reviews (bad-cop) of the project to disspell any notion that they are linked to the project, and then suddently yet another newbie (three and counting for a small condo project) posts a rebuttal (good cop) extolling the virtues, allowing bad-cop to see the light. It's fun to sit back and read this stuff!

You're so right RJR123. And which one are you, good cop or bad cop?

Hey kdub,...
As for terraces, I did not purchase one as they were too expensive. When I bought the unit in July, though, terraces were going for $45,000 (502 square feet). The ones reserved for certain suites are going for $27K - 34K.

That's pretty cheap at less than $100 per sq ft. I wonder if you can put up some drywall and make a bachelor suite out of it!
I had a friend who lived in the CBC conversion building 90 Sumach. He bought a rooftop patio (which was disconnected from the actual suite) like the ones at Edge. Turns out he didn't use it as much as he envisioned because of this disconnect.

OK so, if any of you who are EDGE purchasers have been to your design consultations have you considered the window shades offer. I was told that not only do our window coverings have to be white but there are many other regulations. They are offering Levolor roller-shades. This is good to make the building look uniform, just not sure that it's what I want. They told me that I cannot install my own until after the place closes as modifications are not allowed during the interim occupancy is that true???

help

OK so, if any of you who are EDGE purchasers have been to your design consultations have you considered the window shades offer. I was told that not only do our window coverings have to be white but there are many other regulations. They are offering Levolor roller-shades. This is good to make the building look uniform, just not sure that it's what I want. They told me that I cannot install my own until after the place closes as modifications are not allowed during the interim occupancy is that true???

help

Argos, I am a buyer, but don't have my consulation till the end of February. Take a look at the disclosure. From what I recall, there were rules stipulating that window coverings have to be white on the outside. As for installing your own during interim occupancy, again, take a look at the disclosure, but legally you do not own the place until closing/title transfer, so I suppose they could restrict you from making modifications. There were also rules about bringing in your own contractors to do work.

By the way, did you pick up a price list for upgrades when you went to the consultation?

I do have a price list on the items that I was interested in as they build you a price list on your first consultation. I know that a few of the items went up in price in the few days between the open house and the consultation. If you have a particular item in mind, I might be able to get you the price for it, however prices are different for each model in some cases.

I do have a price list on the items that I was interested in as they build you a price list on your first consultation. I know that a few of the items went up in price in the few days between the open house and the consultation. If you have a particular item in mind, I might be able to get you the price for it, however prices are different for each model in some cases.

Argos, thanks for the offer. I am curious about prices, as I need to know how much I can budget! I am thinking about stuff like hardwood floor, kitchen counters, glass enclosure for the shower and gas line for the patio. I have heard that sometimes developers gouge you for upgrades and it may be cheaper to do it on your own (i.e., they essentially charge you for the standard and for the upgrade). Do you have anything in PDF?

Not sure if you are aware of this, but the City of Toronto put out a final report on the Edge Lofts Zoning Amendment Application last May. Interestingly, it mentions a proposal to have a 20 square metre meeting room as a common amenity, which I don't think was mentioned anywhere in the marketing materials:

"The original submission did not include the provision of indoor amenity space. The proposal now includes 138 square metres of outdoor amenity space and 20 square metres of indoor amenity space. The Zoning By-law requires 132 square metres each of indoor and outdoor amenity space (two square metres per unit). Staff find that the proposed indoor amenity space is an amount sufficient to provide a meeting room for future residents."

On the negative side, it appears that the site is not suitable for municipal garbage disposal, so they will have to hire a private firm:

"The applicant worked with Technical Services, Transportation, and Solid Waste Management staff to achieve an acceptable loading space to service the proposed development. A number of alternatives to allow for public collection were examined but were deemed unsatisfactory from traffic operations as well as Sold Waste Management perspective. Solid Waste Management staff indicate that providing an on-site Type G loading space, which is required by the Zoning By-law is impractical at this site.
A private refuse collection firm will service the proposed development. Trucks will be required to reverse into an on-site loading space. Given that East Don Roadway is a oneway dead end street that does not handle a high pedestrian volume, this loading scenario is acceptable."

I believe it also mentions plans to build another condo across the street, on the north side of Queen. There are also some detailed architectural drawings included. Unfortunately, I can no longer find the report online, although I saved a copy in PDF - PM me if you are interested (too big to attach here).

Did anybody else see this building featured on "Big City Broker"? The building looks pretty nice, and I'm sure the location won't be too bad.

I don't recall the name, but it included a development in Welland mostly aimed at seniors, in addition to this building.

I don't recall the name, but it included a development in Welland mostly aimed at seniors, in addition to this building.

Thanks, I found it! I also ended up watching the entire season of Big City Broker in the process. It all seemed a little obnoxious, but I guess they gotta play up the attitude for TV.

Upgrade Prices

So for the Edge Lofts buyers out there who have not yet had their design consultations, here is a breakdown of the upgrade costs:

Engineered hard wood floors: approx. $10 - 12 /sf
Gas line to terrace: $2500
Gas line to kitchen & range (if gas to terrace purchased): $1400
Caesar stone counter: $1200
Cabinet upgrades: $2000 - $4000
Kitchen Island: $3500 - $4900
Powder room vanity and sink: $2750
Blinds: $2000

Any thoughts on prices, and what are good buys/investments? I have left out many of the cosmetic upgrades like faucets, back splashes, shower heads, etc. and focuses on the bigger ones.

Status of Edge?

Hello Edge buyers, I'm a buyer at Corktown phase 2 and curious what is happening with your building. It seems to me it's been a standstill for a while but maybe I'm wrong? Just wondering if everything is on track and if you've been having a good experience with Streetcar as a builder.

We are having issues with phase 2, completely changed our unit and we're having to enter into a new agreement AND pay more to get something similar to what we originally purchased! It's quite a nightmare so looking for any guidance or advice on dealing with this builder. Hopefully it's good and we can comfortably continue with this purchase but we're pretty nervous at this point...

Many thanks!

Back