News   Apr 26, 2024
 2.1K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 479     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1.1K     1 

Edge Lofts Condos (Streetcar Development) - Real Estate -

Not necessarily. Freed and Lamb have a much more professional approach to dealing with their customers. When you forget who the real investors are in your brand, you lose.

Not necessarily. Freed and Lamb have a much more professional approach to dealing with their customers. When you forget who the real investors are in your brand, you lose.

there are similar complaints from members here for Freed, so i don't think it's that much different.
i've seen some of Lamb's completed projects and quality can be hit and miss too ...

I have experience with both Freed and Lamb. I can't speak for what others have experienced, but I can tell you hands down that Streetcar is unprofessional, and lacks integrity. If you think about what you are investing in, and for most, this is the biggest purchase of their lives, you would hope that this experience would be a positive one. They are not in the slightest bit interested in whether your living conditions are suitable. They are concerned about making money. Period. And they will do what they need to. The Condo Act does not protect buyers enough in my opinion, and Streetcar's lawyers are well aware of this fact. Avoid them at all costs.

I have experience with both Freed and Lamb. I can't speak for what others have experienced, but I can tell you hands down that Streetcar is unprofessional, and lacks integrity. If you think about what you are investing in, and for most, this is the biggest purchase of their lives, you would hope that this experience would be a positive one. They are not in the slightest bit interested in whether your living conditions are suitable. They are concerned about making money. Period. And they will do what they need to. The Condo Act does not protect buyers enough in my opinion, and Streetcar's lawyers are well aware of this fact. Avoid them at all costs.

i agree with what you're saying but sadly it's not limited to just streetcar ... it's the majority of the condo developers.

i bought a unit from Aspen Ridge and had a deficiency list of approx 100 items from damaged appliances, floors, cabinets, windows, doors, horrible plastering, painting, etc ...

calls and emails went unanswered. when an appt was set for someone to work on it, they would cancel the day of.
then when someone finally came, all they did was take a look at the deficiencies, with no work completed.

during the whole occupancy time, it was a construction zone and the amenities spaces weren't completed.
so we're all paying occupancy fees/phantom rent that contain maintenance fees for services not being provided; and that continued well after registration.

Last edited:
i agree with what you're saying but sadly it's not limited to just streetcar ... it's the majority of the condo developers.

i bought a unit from Aspen Ridge and had a deficiency list of approx 100 items from damaged appliances, floors, cabinets, windows, doors, horrible plastering, painting, etc ...

calls and emails went unanswered. when an appt was set for someone to work on it, they would cancel the day of.
then when someone finally came, all they did was take a look at the deficiencies, with no work completed.

if I may ask, how did you resolve all the issues? ... I think I am about to embark on such 'journey'.....

Unless it's Tridel, you're going to have to chase the developer to get things done. I've experienced this in several condos now. You will hear drilling...you will not be able to use the amenities for a while. You will live in a construction zone. It's condo living....and I agree, it sucks. Just that it's so common with damn near every builder.

I think its not only when you purchase a condo. As a consumer/purchaser you are not protect well enough (do u have any rights???)
There is still enough room for improvement, which has to come from the goverment!!

I think its not only when you purchase a condo. As a consumer/purchaser you are not protect well enough (do u have any rights???)
There is still enough room for improvement, which has to come from the goverment!!

The developers and the city are in bed together. Good luck.

ALL condo builders are exactly the same,when they cash that final deposit cheque your literally on your own to get them to resolve anything in a professionally manner.......

during the whole occupancy time, it was a construction zone and the amenities spaces weren't completed.
so we're all paying occupancy fees/phantom rent that contain maintenance fees for services not being provided; and that continued well after registration.

I also had the misfortune of buying from Streetcar Developments. They truly have become one of the worst developers out there, they've almost become as bad as urbancorp (which is the worst company I know of). Ended up having to sell my place because that was less work and less costly than getting Streetcar to fix basic things. The better companies I know are Tridel, Daniels and Great Gulf. But even most other companies will at least fix your basics like plumbing, and have sound proofing that's up to code (instead of Streetcar just leaving a thin layer of drywall between units). With Streetcar Developments it was basically either sue them (tarion is useless) which takes years, or pay for the tens of thousands of dollars in repairs yourself.

I also had the misfortune of buying from Streetcar Developments. They truly have become one of the worst developers out there, they've almost become as bad as urbancorp (which is the worst company I know of). Ended up having to sell my place because that was less work and less costly than getting Streetcar to fix basic things. The better companies I know are Tridel, Daniels and Great Gulf. But even most other companies will at least fix your basics like plumbing, and have sound proofing that's up to code (instead of Streetcar just leaving a thin layer of drywall between units). With Streetcar Developments it was basically either sue them (tarion is useless) which takes years, or pay for the tens of thousands of dollars in repairs yourself.

Doesn't streetcar used poured concrete between units. Anyways, I fear I may be experiencing the same issues with my condo. Some of the issues are pretty unfixable.

Doesn't streetcar used poured concrete between units.

No, the city no longer requires it.

Cue the posters who will claim that a layer of 5/8" drywall is better than a massive poured concrete wall....followed by a few who will tell you it's your own fault as you should have known what you were getting, despite buying off of plans.

Back