News   Oct 01, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Oct 01, 2024
 606     0 
News   Oct 01, 2024
 989     2 

East York-Old East York

When I lived in East York until 1971 my family used to shop at the IGA. We did not have a car, so walked to the grocery store from our home on the corner of Hopedale and Pape. Last weekend I was just in the area for the first time in fifty years. Does anyone recall where this IGA was? My mother would have had to walk there with two children under four. What is in the store's place now?

When I lived in East York until 1971 my family used to shop at the IGA. We did not have a car, so walked to the grocery store from our home on the corner of Hopedale and Pape. Last weekend I was just in the area for the first time in fifty years. Does anyone recall where this IGA was? My mother would have had to walk there with two children under four. What is in the store's place now?
It's still there and they still have home delivery.. PAPE FOODLAND @ 623 Danforth Ave, Toronto, ON M4K 1R2

Wasn't it TWO different grocery stores next to each other and then IGA bought out the other one and combined them?

The Beer Store property at 1270 Woodbine Ave (@ Barker Ave) is listed for sale as a redevelopment opportunity:

e8397450_2.jpg

Reposted for sale listing for 1270 Woodbine Ave

Rare opportunity - exceptionally situated with high visibility in a high regentrification area. Redevelopment property with current rental income from a Triple A tenant. Corner location between O'Connor Dr and Danforth Ave, with 179.4 feet of frontage on Woodbine Ave. Approximately 1 km from TTC subway stop. Bousfields planning report suggests a redevelopment of 12-15 storeys. Kirkor massing study also available. 22,000 sqft of land currently improved with a free-standing building of 4,810 sqft, entirely leased (triple net, tenant pays all maintenance and repairs) to THE BEER STORE until 2032, with escalations, and three 5 year extension options. Lease includes provisions for Landlord right to terminate lease at any time, and allowance to build an additional building on site of up to 3,000 sqft. ***assumable mortgage of approximately $3 million @ 3.5%, until 2027. (36775902)

e9352757_1.jpg

Back